Raheem Sterling

RoyalBlues

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its plain simple. If kid wants trophies, he will join us and accept normal wages. If he is bullshiting just to get more money, he can stay at liverpool for next 10 years for all I care.

Good talent, but no end product. I feel we need some experience atm, a player who will give more to the team in terms of quick efficient play instead of 10 tricks and dribbles per game.

Why does he have a bad attitude exactly? Because he has ambition & doesn't want to stay in Liverpool?

He's exceptionally quick, skillful, unlike the foreign talent everyone overrates (Depay, Anderson) has fantastic close control, strong, excellent movement, extremely versatile, tracks back, creative & has exceptional end product for a player his age.

I see Sterling a lot and i dont think his close control and his all around abilities with the ball are better than Fekir's and Brahimis's, and IMO its the other way around, but we'll agree to disagree i guess.

And i really dont think Sterling is creative.

He has the wrong attitude, don't like him.

Why does he have the wrong attitude? Because he wants to wait till the end of the season and evaluate his options? He is already a key player of that team and is arguably one of the best players there along with Coutinho and Sturridge. If he signs this new contract his role in that team will increase and he wants to see how ambitious the team are. He wants to win trophies. Say if Liverpool don't get into the top 4, they are most likely to miss out on key players. They missed out on Sanchez to Arsenal even though they were willing to pay up to the same wages if not more for him yet they were in the UCL. Can you imagine without the UCL, the big players they will miss out to us, City and United? All these things will weigh up in his mind and I also think he wants to see where his role in the team lies. He is not happy playing WB. He sees himself best in the advanced positions. That is why he simply has said he wants to wait till the end of the season to analyse everything which is totally understandable.

He's started a contract saga and then done an interview with the BBC without telling anyone at his club. Do we really want a player like that?

He did not. He basically confirmed what BR has said and admitted he turned down the £100,000 p/w contract and I think a lot of the interview was a message to the Liverpool fans who probably view him as a mercenary. Majority of people have built up an image of him, mainly through the media which has been frustrating for Sterling as he has not once spoken on why yet people are building a negative opinion on him.

As the reporter Natalie Pirks said: "I've interviewed Raheem Sterling before and he comes across as quiet and considered, certainly shy around the television cameras. This time it was much the same, but I could sense palpable frustration at everything that has been said and written about him recently. More upsetting for him was the way some Liverpool fans now perceive him as a mercenary. He saw this interview as a chance to put the record straight".

Not so sure we need another winger since Hazard has established himself and we have Willian and Cuadrado. But if he is available, we have a good chance to sign him.

Anyone to replace Willian and Juan would be welcomed, but I don't think he is the answer. Him being HG is the only plus.

Anyone to replace Willian and Juan would be welcomed, but I don't think he is the answer. Him being HG is the only plus.

Reus seems will stay with Dortmund forever. Yes, maybe there are several other wingers as options, but do we want another Cuadrado signing? Sterling could be a good option not only HG and English but also has settling well in PL.

I think people underrate him because he's black and English. Because of that people assume he's another Lennon & Wright-Phillips rather than a Hazard or Neymar.

Technically, he's clearly better than the likes of Reus, Depay, Bale, Anderson, Chamberlain etc. And I don't understand the "he doesn't have end product" accusations. You can probably count on one hand the amount of 20 year old wingers not just this season but over the last 10 years that are more productive than Sterling at the same age.

We've had fecking Willian playing for us for 2 seasons yet people accuse Raheem of lacking end product. I don't believe it.

I think people underrate him because he's black and English. Because of that people assume he's another Lennon & Wright-Phillips rather than a Hazard or Neymar.

Technically, he's clearly better than the likes of Reus, Depay, Bale, Anderson, Chamberlain etc. And I don't understand the "he doesn't have end product" accusations. You can probably count on one hand the amount of 20 year old wingers not just this season but over the last 10 years that are more productive than Sterling at the same age.

We've had fecking Willian playing for us for 2 seasons yet people accuse Raheem of lacking end product. I don't believe it.

Fair enough on him being on the same level of end product as willian. But thats exactly why we don't want him, we want a better level. His real appeal is the home grown factor

As much as I like Willian, Sterling has got more end product. He is on 10 goals for this season and has provided 8 assists. Last season he got 10 goals and only burst onto the scene in November. What was clear last season is that he flourished in a team with similar/better players than he is. He worked excellently with Suarez sometimes. This season has been a bit different. Sturridge has been injured regularly and Coutinho has been the standout star. If Sterling played here I have no doubt in his ability to create and score. He has proven what he is capable of. However I am surprised everyone is talking about him coming in for Willian. Sterling was best last season in the no.10 role and would do well for us interchanging with Hazard and co. That being said I doubt Mourinho will pursue this deal for this upcoming summer anyway. If he does, I will give the thumbs up.

I think ourselves and City are the only realistic destinations for him. Arsenal are already struggling to find a place for their AM's and there's no way Liverpool would sell to United.

They've sold players to us in recent years and City aren't a rival of theirs. City just makes the most sense. They'll flog Navas back to Spain and Nasri is a pointless player who Sterling would displace.

Can only see us being in for him if we sell one of our attacking players. Or if José wants to stick another knife in Liverpool's decaying corpse.

Reus seems will stay with Dortmund forever. Yes, maybe there are several other wingers as options, but do we want another Cuadrado signing? Sterling could be a good option not only HG and English but also has settling well in PL.

We have the answer in our ranks already, but whether he gets a chance is another story. What Sterling would demand (wage and fee) doesn't seem like good business to me.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You