Word of Caution for Chelsea: The Race Has Just Begun

CHOULO19

I guys, this is my 1st comment! I think its important not to get too carried away. Yes, we have looked good so far this season. Yes, no-one looks quite as good as us so far. However, there are so many things could happen that could put a dent in our title hopes. What if Costa gets injured? And we can't forget about city - they started poorly last season but still went on to win the league.

Caution is for pussies

Hmm if Loserpool had defended against us and got a point, they'd have won the league :)

Caution has it's place and should never be underestimated. What's the old airforce saying...

"There are bold pilots

There are old pilots

But there are no old, bold pilots"

That sums it up nicely ;)

This is a very good article and details a very important aspect of the league.... its a very long race and loads can happen in that time .

But have you seen the confidence in the eyes of a gold medalist olympian for example bolt!

Their eyes, body language, comments are overflowing with confidence and stiking fear in the hearts of their opponents....

Chelsea players are all top professionals and they have always showed confidence before most matches...

But chelsea fans are different this season...they have seen their team play...they have seen their manager's tactical improvements in the team....

they have seen the plight of other teams in the league.....and NOW we are CONFIDENT.... isnt that a good thing?

it doesnt necessarily mean we will win everything... but unlike last couple of years, everytime our team is on the pitch you know we are going to win and not just epected to win...

no more the underdogs of big matches...if not superior then at par with all great clubs in the world......

we have seen similar chelsea teams earlier...under the same manager :)

We have a World class team with the potential to win it all...... all we need to hope for is luck and gods blessing

To all Blues...lets make history again this season

Regarding my tongue in cheek caution comment, I feel like we're the only 'big' club in England whose fans need to put a constant wet blanket over everything.

If we're doing good, great in fact, it's always "lets keep our heads down and just kick on" (as fans i'm not sure how we do that but whatever) and i feel it totally kills the energy & hype of doing well in a season.

Man City fans just enjoy winning and let it inflate their egos until it lifts them like a hot air balloon and carries them to the trophy. They have confidence.

I feel like our fans need more confidence & articles just blowing up our ego saying "yeah, we're killing shit, enjoy it."

Let City do the worrying for once.

Regarding my tongue in cheek caution comment, I feel like we're the only 'big' club in England whose fans need to put a constant wet blanket over everything.

If we're doing good, great in fact, it's always "lets keep our heads down and just kick on" (as fans i'm not sure how we do that but whatever) and i feel it totally kills the energy & hype of doing well in a season.

Man City fans just enjoy winning and let it inflate their egos until it lifts them like a hot air balloon and carries them to the trophy. They have confidence.

I feel like our fans need more confidence & articles just blowing up our ego saying "yeah, we're killing shit, enjoy it."

Let City do the worrying for once.

I think that for us fans, a lot of that comes from the fact that for past 3-4 seasons it seems that whenever the team seems to be doing great and gets important wins we often went on to drop points against lesser sides. So, it's not "we're not great" but rather "be careful and never get complacent".

I kinda like that about our fans. Much less delusion and arrogance about Chelsea fans than the likes of Arsenal or City.