• Fabregas
    • Oscar
    • Hazard
    • Willian
    • Remy
    • Luis (sub)
    • Salah (sub)
    • Drogba (sub)

Bar the bad tackle on Zaha I don't see why Luis is being roasted for having an awful match ... Thought in every other instance he was very good had interceptions and some tackles and was part of the build up to the second goal.. I feel some are being quite harsh on him for 1 weak challenge

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'Abramovich ruining football' banner

Chelsea net spend this summer 10 million

Crystal Palace net spend this summer 13 million

Banter denied.

All football fans are hypocrites....they moan about money buying success at other clubs then when it happens to their shitty little clubs they all sing a different tune.

Bar the bad tackle on Zaha I don't see why Luis is being roasted for having an awful match ... Thought in every other instance he was very good had interceptions and some tackles and was part of the build up to the second goal.. I feel some are being quite harsh on him for 1 weak challenge

This. And the fact that apart from that tackle , he had maybe 1 or 2 tackles to do. He didn't have anything to do. He'll need some practice before facing Di Maria. So I'm expecting Azpi and him to start vs maribor.

I've criticized Jose alot for his youth policy but fair play to him bringing Solanke on unfortunately Filipe got done by Zaha. I imagine he must be gutted.

Oscar the obvious MoTM although Cesc and Matic weren't far behind. This game was all about that trio. Hazard was great but needs to develop a killer insinct, should have killed the game instead of passing responsibility.

Maybe but I thought we were always in control and passing it about like that saves energy for what is a busy week. most of the players played two international fixtures too.

I'm not sure if people are just picking the goal scorer's for the sake of it, but Matic was by far the best player on the pitch, and I don't think it was particularly close either.

That was one of the best games at his position that you can have. He was everywhere, and dominated the flow of the game.

What an absolute beast. His best game for us, one of the best I've seen individually from a player, and a statement to just how good he is.

EDIT: Another thing, Remy was fantastic. Came on and played a great game. Did a great job at holding the ball up and even setting up a few great chances.

He made a few timely interceptions but I would say he was the dominating force on the pitch. He did what he always does, played strong and read the game. He looked a bit more lively because Palace tried hard to mark Cesc out of the game and due to that Matic was given more freedom. We had so much of the ball it was hard for him to impact the game to the point where he is MotM. I agree he was well up for it though... Last year he was shit.

If we win title and Oscar keeps playing like that and improving, I can see him become our invisible, but key part for success. I remember how Maka was invisible, but he was the motor of the team in many ways. I think Oscar could become similar in importance to this team. Obviously we are a team of eleven players with everyone having important role, but Oscar work is unique as he does big share in defence and attack, while also being that middle man who is almost never seen, but still key for the transportation of the ball, opening space, starting attack etc.

He will never be big stat guy, but his tactical understanding is amazing. If his body will allow him to play regular week in week out, I can see him the key part to this Mourinho team.

If we win title and Oscar keeps playing like that and improving, I can see him become our invisible, but key part for success. I remember how Maka was invisible, but he was the motor of the team in many ways. I think Oscar could become similar in importance to this team. Obviously we are a team of eleven players with everyone having important role, but Oscar work is unique as he does big share in defence and attack, while also being that middle man who is almost never seen, but still key for the transportation of the ball, opening space, starting attack etc.

He will never be big stat guy, but his tactical understanding is amazing. If his body will allow him to play regular week in week out, I can see him the key part to this Mourinho team.

Nah... Maka was invisible because his name never ended up on the scoresheet. If Oscar plays like he has now for the rest of the year, he will be HIGHLY visible and a match winner as well. I think the term you are looking for is unsung hero, but even that will be a tough way to characterize a guy who plays the no.10 on title winning squad. Jose and Holland have already said our no.10 needs to provide secondary scoring, Oscar's doing that now.

Nah... Maka was invisible because his name never ended up on the scoresheet. If Oscar plays like he has now for the rest of the year, he will be HIGHLY visible and a match winner as well. I think the term you are looking for is unsung hero, but even that will be a tough way to characterize a guy who plays the no.10 on title winning squad. Jose and Holland have already said our no.10 needs to provide secondary scoring, Oscar's doing that now.

Yeah but Oscar isnt even close to what #10 is. He scored and assisted yesterday, but I think those goals will come every once in a while, but he does so many work in midfield that even if he doesnt get on scoresheet, he can still be MOTM. He tackles, closes down opponent, makes runs, starts attacks, stays at back when Cesc goes up, even covers Iva etc.

Sure if Oscar scores every game, he will be visible, but I think he will score in every 5th PL game or sth. What I though is that Hazard (who doesnt realy score much recently) is always that super guy, the best player in team, star etc, but Oscar will be somebody who people will not realy notice or will only think of him when he scores. I can say pretty much for every non-chelsea fan (and even some chelsea fans) that they dont rate Oscar and dont understand his importance to the team, apart from the games where he scores. But he is very important in midfield despite not scoring and he will be kinda invisible and unimportant to most football fans, but some of us will know that he is the man in our midfield. Everyone will jump on Cesc, Hazard or Costa due to their stats when/if we win title, but I think Oscar work is equaly important to those goals and assists.

By the way, our away fans were brilliant yesterday. They totally out-sang CP fans.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxGnv0iDUzw

Ignore the shitty filming, especially during the goals.

It didn't sound like we totally out sung them on the telly but it did sound great. In fact the atmosphere produced by both sets of fans seemed brilliant on TV.

It didn't sound like we totally out sung them on the telly but it did sound great. In fact the atmosphere produced by both sets of fans seemed brilliant on TV.

Don't know how it sounded on the telly. I watched with headphones on and our fans sounded great and could be heard throughout the match. CP fans were very good too, but it's hardly surprising since they outnumbered Chelsea fans.

Don't know how it sounded on the telly. I watched with headphones on and our fans sounded great and could be heard throughout the match. CP fans were very good too, but it's hardly surprising since they outnumbered Chelsea fans.

Agreed I heard them loud on my TV screen. I hope before I die to attend a match w/ CFC away fans. It seems CFC has a history of awesome away support. I remember in Japan the Away fans signing for RDM in the 16th minute. The CFC away fans don't get the proper recognition IMHO.

Agreed I heard them loud on my TV screen. I hope before I die to attend a match w/ CFC away fans. It seems CFC has a history of awesome away support. I remember in Japan the Away fans signing for RDM in the 16th minute. The CFC away fans don't get the proper recognition IMHO.

Soon. 2 matches. B)