Petr Cech

eldo

There is an assumption among many that a certain influential player at Chelsea will one day graduate to managing the club. He has served at Stamford Bridge for years, been a crucial part of their most successful era and regularly proved the strength of his courage and will to win. He has upbraided team-mates for sub-standard displays and encouraged coaches to be open to input from players. He has overcome a fractured skull to drive the team to further glory and won acclaim for his integrity as well as his ability not to knee opponents in the back on the sly and exclude himself from the greatest triumph in the club's history. He is Petr Cech and surely if Chelsea, in their wisdom, were

ever to pluck a manager directly from the playing ranks, he would be a better choice than John Terry.

:clap:

The second goal is extremely difficult to defend as you never know whether there will be a touch or not, you simply cannot know as a goalkeeper. However, the first one is a mistake between him and the defender. I don't know what would happen if there was JT as they know each other more than just well.

Anyway, after that he performed a brilliant save against Luiz's header.

And, he still has not lost a game in the FA Cup in the Chelsea shirt, incredible!

He is obviously to blame for the first goal, but so are Cahil for losing Chicharito and Mata for not putting pressure on Carick and allowing him time and space to play that ball.

He can't be blamed for the second. Luiz went for the header and completely missed it.

The beginning of the match did not go according to plan for Chelsea and Petr was one of the culprits for the first goal.

"I was going to go after that cross but it was really windy and the ball lost its speed unexpectedly. It was clear I wouldn't be able to reach it and I also assumed it wouldn't get to Hernandez either. But unfortunately that it did and he used the fact that I was in a bad position. In any case, I don't mean to make excuses. It was a cheap goal and regardless of the wind, I should have tried to get back faster. It was definitely my fault."

He is obviously to blame for the first goal, but so are Cahil for losing Chicharito and Mata for not putting pressure on Carick and allowing him time and space to play that ball.

He can't be blamed for the second. Luiz went for the header and completely missed it.

David could not make contact, but the keeper is facing the play while the defenders had to start from the same (offside) line as United players. It's a terribly difficult cross to defend against, but less so for the keeper because he is facing the play. Keepers should not guess, or be proactive. They must be reactive and be very quick at that. Stop the shot, if an attacker (or Luiz :)) heads it home, so be it.

Mistake by Cech for me. Of course, I'm only saying this because it is Cech, and I expect world class performances from him.

David could not make contact, but the keeper is facing the play while the defenders had to start from the same (offside) line as United players. It's a terribly difficult cross to defend against, but less so for the keeper because he is facing the play. Keepers should not guess, or be proactive. They must be reactive and be very quick at that. Stop the shot, if an attacker (or Luiz :)) heads it home, so be it.

Mistake by Cech for me. Of course, I'm only saying this because it is Cech, and I expect world class performances from him.

I agree that he maybe should have been more dominant in the air (which has been a problem since his injury, really) but the reason I blamed Luiz is that you can see from one of the replay angle that he clearly ducked under the ball in the last second which threw Petr off. Though it could be that the reason he ducked was that he got a shout a from Cech which would make it 100% Cech's fault.

I agree that he maybe should have been more dominant in the air (which has been a problem since his injury, really) but the reason I blamed Luiz is that you can see from one of the replay angle that he clearly ducked under the ball in the last second which threw Petr off. Though it could be that the reason he ducked was that he got a shout a from Cech which would make it 100% Cech's fault.

I actually think that Jonny Evans did brilliantly to sort of take Luiz away from the ball when they both challenged it because Luiz should've had it. In the end they both missed and the ball completely evaded everyone. It was just a weird goal in general tbh.

Cech on the Arsenal rumours -

"It is an interesting piece of news but it is such speculation that I think it's not even necessary to comment on it," Cech told isport.blesk.cz.

"I know of nothing, nobody has contacted me and, to be honest, I can't even imagine it.

"I don't even normally notice such rumours. But when it does get to me, I naturally look at it to know what to say about it later.

"There are players who do read newspapers. Some players read match reports to know what was written about them and where.

"I don't do this, I don't read newspapers because of such things. I don't take rumours like this seriously."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/8578077/

Nice to see him talk like that - can't even imagine it :D