Petr Cech

eldo

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2015/07/mourinho-and-cech-discuss-big-decision.html

'Petr has been a great servant for Chelsea for 11 years and helped this club to win almost everything there is to win, praised Mourinho.

I always said I wanted him to stay but I understand Petr needed to move on to play first team football every week. Sometimes you have to respect the wishes of someone who has earned so much respect with his service and actions for your club. I support the owners decision to honour the player in this way.

It is very rare in football to make a decision like this and for that reason I am proud of my club for making it. There are not many clubs in the world big enough to be able to make that decision.

Petrs success at this club will always to be remembered and we thank him for everything he did.'

• franklampard
  • Good luck to Petr Cech. A gentleman off the pitch and a master on it. Without him we wouldn't have experienced the best night of our football lives in Munich. It was a pleasure to have played with the big man at @chelseafc and I wish him all the best for the future. #legend
  • johnterry.26
  • Good Luck Big Pete

It's been an absolute pleasure mate,

You have won everything and been the very best season after season.

CHELSEA LEGEND

@chelseafc #legend

I think the following quote explains the best why I'm not angry about this transfer.

Mourinho on Cech's departure:

"It is very rare in football to make a decision like this and for that reason I am proud of my club for making it. There are not many clubs in the world big enough to be able to make that decision."

First of all, a confession. I joined this forum to stick the knife in over Cech as repayment for a similar gesture a group of Chelsea fans perpetrated overy Cesc last year on our forums. Didnt work that way. Thank you to the majority of you for proving me wrong about your fan base. We are going to treat Petr like a king and give him the best finish to an amazing career that we can. As you will with Cesc I hope. Pleasantries over, if you want to retain that title, no worries, you likely will. But you'll suffer for it this time. We're going to make you bleed.

I still remember every time I wanted to sell him in chelsea career in fifa 14 (after bringing Tibo in), he never wanted to leave. Fee accepted, but talks were broken down because the player loves this club too much :cry:

First of all, a confession. I joined this forum to stick the knife in over Cech as repayment for a similar gesture a group of Chelsea fans perpetrated overy Cesc last year on our forums. Didnt work that way. Thank you to the majority of you for proving me wrong about your fan base. We are going to treat Petr like a king and give him the best finish to an amazing career that we can. As you will with Cesc I hope. Pleasantries over, if you want to retain that title, no worries, you likely will. But you'll suffer for it this time. We're going to make you bleed.

Reasonable gooner? What planet am I on? What year is this?

Kudos to your response, I think you will do well next season with that squad. Cech is top GK and will probably have bigger effect for arsenal than people think.

You need a signing or two more to seriously compete for the title and maybe in few years you will...

I really don't understand people who are saying Petr is a traitor!

Clearly anyone with a little empathy knows that a man of his status should not be sitting on a bench!!

Imagine how confronting it is for him to be behind Tibo in the picking order... a GK that is far younger than you... at YOUR homeclub! though nut to crack!

The fact that he chooses Arsenal? Guys... you tend to forget he's been living in London for the biggest part of his career. Staying in London (family wise) would always be his 1st choice.

Don't forget that Petr didn't force his way out of the club... it was more or less a statement... "we have younger & better now... so stay if you want, but go if you should"!

We can only take a bow for the amazing career & moments Petr had with us!! Also the way he dealt with Tibo taking his place... deserve a lot of respect!

Petr you've always been a loyal man and a great value of the club. Time goes by... It's now our turn to show you our loyalty to the PERSON you are... and not the Colours you are wearing!!

Fare the well!

Cech or no Cech, Arsenal's problems go way beyond the goalie, so it's highly unlikely to see them challenging for any trophies besides the COC or the FA cup. To Petr I'd like to say thanks for the services, we've got some great memories and no matter what happens from now on he's already cemented his place as one of the greatest keepers in the club's history.

I'll be pissed off with Roman if we don't sign a world class player after this. We WILL struggle to win big trophies next season if we don't get a WC player in.

Also hope we bang in 5 goals past Cech in a month's time. And gets injured. Cruel, but he's not a blue anymore.

You're so classy it hurts.

Peter Shilton is warning Petr Cech will need protection from the Arsenal defence if he is to be a hit at the Emirates.

The majority of Gunners fans appear delighted with the £10million deal for the veteran goalkeeper, with many suggesting his signing could transform the club into genuine title contenders.

But Shilton, England's most-capped player, believes the 33-year-old could struggle if the backline is not solid.

Speaking on the Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast, the goalkeeper legend said: "He is not getting any younger. I have always rated him, he is a top quality good goalkeeper, but I've just thought on a few occasions that when Chelseastruggled, he struggled a bit sometimes.

"He was playing behind a really good defence at Chelsea and that gives you confidence week in, week out but if he doesn’t get that cover we will see if he has that top quality and that confidence to perform."

i agree with this

http://talksport.com/football/exclusive-goalkeeping-legend-peter-shilton-issues-warning-over-arsenal-new-boy-petr-cech#tC70jvsPlMgTtFdv.99