Petr Cech

eldo

He is not having a great tournament so far. It probably has something to do with the Chelsea kit. Or maybe even he is tired.

NO excuses!

Childish mistakes like this proves that he is not the best goalkeeper in the world.

Tittle still goes to Casillas and Buffon for me.

He is a top goalkeeper that had a great season but that's that.

Easy mate, he is an outstanding goalkeeper. Only because he hasn´t had a great deal of luck so far he is not falling out of the world class league for me. Even Cassillas makes mistakes. Don´t be fooled by Courtois form, it is still a way for him to replace Cech.

I wouldn´t jump the gun like that.

NO excuses!

Childish mistakes like this proves that he is not the best goalkeeper in the world.

I'd like to see you stand still with a huge defender rushing towards when you've had your skull broken before.

And by the way, I'm a Juve fan and take it from me, as much as I love Buffon, he did absolutely nothing specially for the last couple of seasons. Casillas is also very prone to mistakes which often prove costly. He did not, by far, have his best season.

NO excuses!

He's had more than one great season!

I'd like to see you stand still with a huge defender rushing towards when you've had your skull broken before.

And by the way, I'm a Juve fan and take it from me, as much as I love Buffon, he did absolutely nothing specially for the last couple of seasons. Casillas is also very prone to mistakes which often prove costly. He did not, by far, have his best season.

I put myself in the position of the neutral which you are trying to do saying you are a Juventus fan, and thinking what would they say when you are debating if Cech is the best keeper in the world?

And then he does that, not to mention letting 4 goals in his first game......oh and not forget the nice tournament he also had 4 years ago in the Euro 2008.

I think Casillas, and Buffon would be winning the race.

If any of you remember the game International Super Start Soccer Delux on the SNES... and you are watching the Gre V CZE game then you will understand when i say this about Cech.

KEEEPPPPERRR THUMBLLEEEEE!!

I put myself in the position of the neutral which you are trying to do saying you are a Juventus fan, and thinking what would they say when you are debating if Cech is the best keeper in the world?

And then he does that, not to mention letting 4 goals in his first game......oh and not forget the nice tournament he also had 4 years ago in the Euro 2008.

I think Casillas, and Buffon would be winning the race.

Particular cases don't dictate the general rule:

Buffon tried to dribble past the striker in the 85th min two games from the end of the season, he lost the ball conceded a goal and almost cost Juve the title.

Casillas got him self unnecessarily sent off in the first 10 mins of the match (I think it was vs Levante). Real lost that game and their 5 point lead at the top was reduced which let Barca back in the title race.

Every keeper makes silly mistakes, nothing can take away Petr's unbelievable performances this season or the ones he has had since he joined us.

Particular cases don't dictate the general rule:

Buffon tried to dribble past the striker in the 85th min two games from the end of the season, he lost the ball conceded a goal and almost cost Juve the title.

Casillas got him self unnecessarily sent off in the first 10 mins of the match (I think it was vs Levante). Real lost that game and their 5 point lead at the top was reduced which let Barca back in the title race.

Every keeper makes silly mistakes, nothing can take away Petr's unbelievable performances this season or the ones he has had since he joined us.

So you are saying is still debatable?

Cause for me Cech is a top keeper. One of the top but he is not the best in the world, and errors like this proves it.

And the Casillas example does not seems like the best, compare to the bloopers that Cech give us, but oh well.

From a neutral perspective Cech is regarded as one of the best in the world. Top 3 definitely. You can't name many better than Cech.

I think that's about right. Top 3 he is, but best in the world?

Not for me.

I take Casillas.

Not to mention that when we play a high line, Cech is disaster as we learn from the time with AVB.

Casillas has play under a lot of formation, including a tika taka high line with Spain and has been amazing.

Really???

Buffon has been injured the last few years, but this season he was class.

Didn't think people here would rate Casillas higher then Buffon, i regard Buffon a lot higher. For me he is the greatest GK of his generation and would defiantly go down as one of the best ever.

i have mentioned many times, Cech biggest flaw is his distribution skills. others top him in that category.

Right now i regard Neuer and Buffon as the best keepers in the world.