Petr Cech

eldo

That save was huge but Thibaut obviously should come in again, theres no point in bringing up what Cech's done in the past or whatever Courtois is quite clearly our #1 and Jose was mentioning something about Thibaut suffering from mentally exhaustion. Great to have Cech as a number 2 though so if these situations happen, or injuries in match like the Arsenal game and other injuries, he can come in and put in great performances.

I love the bit where JT realises that Lukaku has an open shot on goal and his shoulders slump in resignation, only to jump back into action in astonishment, clearly disbelieving of Petr's save.

The thing that made me recognise just how good a save is the fact that on the highlights packages, the cameraman couldn't react to how fast Lukaku hit the shot. Okay, granted it is only a foot or two away from Petr, but the fact he reacts to it and kicks the ball away in the time the cameraman takes to even realise where Lukaku's shot demonstrates just how little time he had to make the save. Those cameramen receive some incredible training and can, usually, in a split second realise where the ball is. Outstanding from Cech, truly, and magnified by the importance of the moment.

The thing that made me recognise just how good a save is the fact that on the highlights packages, the cameraman couldn't react to how fast Lukaku hit the shot. Okay, granted it is only a foot or two away from Petr, but the fact he reacts to it and kicks the ball away in the time the cameraman takes to even realise where Lukaku's shot demonstrates just how little time he had to make the save. Those cameramen receive some incredible training and can, usually, in a split second realise where the ball is. Outstanding from Cech, truly, and magnified by the importance of the moment.

Actually that cameraman got fired. It was an easy save.

When I see saves like that, and they do happen once in a while, then I don't understand what's so special about the Gordon Banks save against Pele in a world cup. Are the only reasons of that save being so hyped because it was England and on the opposite side it was the great Pele? And even when people talk about that save, they speak like it was physically impossible to pull off... how come? Some of the saves Cech has made throughout his career have defied laws of universe, the one Banks made was good, but the more I watch replays of it, the less impressed I am considering the hype of it being "the greatest save of all time".

Never gonna forget this one:

:heart:

I'd buzz if Cech would stay another year, he certainly looks to keep Thibaut on his toes and during interviews they are always respectful to one another. Thibaut says Cech always gives him advice etc.

Hate to lose him, doesn't deserve the bench when he can walk into almost any team in world football but.. I'm selfish and an only child, what can I say.

• 2 weeks later...

I certainly did not see him starting today but I am so happy for him. If he is really leaving in the summer, he definitely deserves to go with more medals and finals. This surely must have been his 'easiest' final in his career.

I don't think Petr is a guy to be persuaded,' Mourinho said. 'He doesn't let anyone persuade him.

'I think he's very mature making what he feels is the best decision for him and his future. I will just wait, wishing his decision is to stay. That's my desire. I would like him very, very much to stay.

'But I don't waste my time trying to persuade him because it's just his decision. If he tells me he wants to leave I will tell him my opinion, that he is one of the three best goalkeepers in the world, so huge money.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2977499/Jose-Mourinho-says-won-t-try-change-Petr-Cech-s-mind-wants-leave-Chelsea-demand-huge-transfer-fee.html

huge money, eh PSG? :halo:

My respect and love for this man has grown so much after this season. The fact he is still so good yet accepted to be second to someone is a proper statement of his love and loyalty to Chelsea.

Even if he goes in the summer this is something that separates him from Lampard. One can never know but I'm also fairly certain he won't play for another english team, if he is to leave.