Petr Cech

eldo

Cech is still the dogs bollocks, hard to see him dropped

Because of how good both Cech and Thibaut are, I don't think you can use the word "dropped" to describe which of them is playing. "Rotated" is more of an accurate term IMO.

Because of how good both Cech and Thibaut are, I don't think you can use the word "dropped" to describe which of them is playing. "Rotated" is more of an accurate term IMO.

Hopefully theyll both be happy with that situation. I would actually rate Cech a bit better at the moment, but Thibois is the future, and Petr when he feels rightcan go wherever he wants, US of A or another Prem club if he wants. I will always love what hes done for the club.

Unless of course its Citeh in which case hes a jjjjjjjjudas, helmet wearing cccccccunt, traitor ....oh fuck it Id just let Term X do a thread.....

Hard situation here... Want Petr to get the record for clean sheets but too much rotation and we could risk either disrupting the defence or annoying Tibo (doubt it tbh, but still a possibility).

Even if Tibo's thumb is fine now i'd play Petr again for the next 2 weeks in the league and play Tibo in the COC semis against Liverpool in midweek, then do the same when the CL comes round (Petr in the league, Tibo in the cup).

Then we can see where we go from there.

He's a better shot stopper than courtois, or let's say he pulls off more incredible saves when our defence is having a nightmare.

But courtois is better at catching balls in the air, so has advantage in defending freekicks and corners

Which is what some of us have said from the beginning! :lol: but that isn't to say Courtois is a bad shot stopper. To the contrary, he's one of the best in the world.

let me refresh your memory. We lost 5-3 to Arsenal AT HOME!

And he was truly awful in that match as well. But then again so was everyone - I explicitly recall that as the worst game I've ever seen in terms of a performance from John Terry, as well.

As if the blame can be shifted onto the gk for us conceding 5 goals. Rarely do you concede that many and it's all the keepers fault there is something wrong as a team, and there was. A much needed kick up the back side.

Cech is a great keeper and actually thibaut being number one has spurred him on because his performances have been great however didn't we always worry about crosses? His one vs one or shot shopping was never in question

Hope we keep him beyond the summer I know that's selfish but having them both is just delightful.

And he was truly awful in that match as well. But then again so was everyone - I explicitly recall that as the worst game I've ever seen in terms of a performance from John Terry, as well.

the worst part was that we failed to finish them off in the first half.

Ugh! Petr beaten at his near post, JT's slip, Mata miss in the first half and then at 3-3, Van P**sy smug face :mouthclosed:

Thanks for bringing those memories back!