Petr Cech

eldo

If he keeps a clean sheet today, I see no reason why he shouldn't retain his place for the foreseeable future, tbh. Thibaut needs to learn he isn't infallible, he is at a tender age and if he is guaranteed a starting berth there is no promise that he will continue to improve. Knowing he will have to push his every sinew in training sessions will really help to improve him - but so will sitting on the bench while another great keeper plays.

If he keeps a clean sheet today, I see no reason why he shouldn't retain his place for the foreseeable future, tbh. Thibaut needs to learn he isn't infallible, he is at a tender age and if he is guaranteed a starting berth there is no promise that he will continue to improve. Knowing he will have to push his every sinew in training sessions will really help to improve him - but so will sitting on the bench while another great keeper plays.

Courtois knows that he is not infallible and has a WC keeper behind him in the pecking order but Courtois has been very solid this season. Mourinho made a decision for the future of the club that Courtois will be our no.1 and he has justified it. What reasoning will it be to drop him unless he was playing poor? And Mourinho has rotated Courtois a few times this season already but rightfully so imo, Courtois is the first choice keeper at this club.

Your knowledge of the human mind is staggering.

Latest interview with Cech's agent reveals Petr will leave in the summer. Here's a rough translation.

Agent - Petr is most probably leaving Chelsea, but not in January. Real Madrid, Liverpool, Arsenal are among serious options

'It looks like he will stay at Chelsea until the end of the season. The club and the manager want him to stay until then and help the team win the title. And at the same time, during the autumn the conditions for his departure have been set. However, that will not be happening in January.'

'Nothing has changed in terms of Petr's desire to play. Therefore, we are going to consider every single option. I believe he will win the title, he will get the chance to play and keep some clean sheets so that he his dream of overcoming the record will be closer. Then we will see what the other clubs will have to say.'

'His priority is to stay in England. After that one of the biggest clubs in Spain, one in France or some in Germany, just because of the challenge. He has no interest in playing in Italy. We are in touch with Real Madrid. There has been an agreement that in March we will discuss the actual situation. On the other hand, Real is in no need of finding a goalkeeper, there is nothing on the table that would make things concrete. Barcelona was keeping an eye on him in the summer, but right now there is nothing.'

'Regarding the Arsenal and Liverpool rumours - let's say that there is no smoke without fire. Arsenal need a top class goalkeeper and I think that this is the club that should approach us. The same applies for Liverpool. Everything is down to them, they know that Petr will be available in the summer. I believe that Chelsea will not have any demands or conditions in terms of Petr's transfer. As one of the club legends, he should have the chance and the right to choose his own destination.'

'I will do my best to make Petr happy. And that means him playing. Anything crazy can happen, though. Real may decide to go for a Spanish keeper in De Gea. Or they may say they want Courtois and will make an offer which would be difficult to turn down for Chelsea. Then Petr might sign a new contract. There are quite a lot of options still.'

• 2 weeks later...