Petr Cech

eldo

Another international break and the Czech press did another interview with Petr Cech. Here is what Petr said about the current situation at Chelsea -

'If Chelsea want me to stay, I will stay'

'In terms of my future, it depends solely on the club. Everyone is asking me a lot of questions about many ifs but I still have two years left in my contract and I cannot really choose. If the club say 'No, you will stay here', then I will stay. It is simple as that.'

'Whether I leave the club in January? I could only go if the club let me go. And this is not the case. With the contract I have, in no way can I have any influence on the club's wishes. I know the stance of the club so that's it. I know that they will not let me go and that is why I am where I am. Before that last international break, I had played two games. This time I played three matches in quite a short sequence so it is better, it is at least some game experience.'

'I am doing all I can do to change the situation. I just want to play as many games as possible and be ready when I am asked to play. To put in my best performances - that is all I can do. There is no agreement between me and the manager that I will be playing in the Champions League games or in the cup games. Nothing has been set. Whenever I am in the goal, I am giving my best but it is the manager who selects the starting eleven. I can only influence the way I prepare for the games during the training sessions. Then it is up to the manager. On the other hand, the team has been doing very well and has been winning and you know the saying - you do not change the winning team. And that makes it harder for me.'

'As for the League itself and our position in the table, it's only November, 11 games played. Nothing is decided. On the other hand, everything is in our hands and we do not have to look around us. The League is very tight and it does not take much to lose points. Luckily so far, we have managed to go through some even more difficult matches and won them. That is why we have such a lead.'

He seems very frustrated about the situation which is understandable but seems he does not like the fact the club won't allow letting him go.

This is where Cech is really really poor.. Corners, free kicks... Courtois is way better than Cech in this aspect.

He's not poor, but courtois is much

better than him in this aspect. I don't know why cech is no longer as confident as he used to be in collecting crosses from the air. Its never good especially in the premier League, casillas would be skinned here.