• 19. Diego Costa
    • 21. Nemanja Matic
    • 24. Gary Cahill
    • 26. John Terry
    • 28. Cesar Azpilicueta
    • 1. Petr Cech (substitute, 26')
    • 12. John Mikel Obi (substitute, 69')
    • 22. Willian (substitute, 87')

Interesting Player Positional Tracker for the game. Ozil tucked inside for majority giving Hazard room to wreck havoc all game against an inexperienced Chambers. Wenger really is tactically clueless.

http://statsbomb.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/CHEvARS.gif

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting Player Positional Tracker for the game. Ozil tucked inside for majority giving Hazard room to wreck havoc all game against an inexperienced Chambers. Wenger really is tactically clueless.

http://statsbomb.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/CHEvARS.gif

Not really. While it is true Ozil tucked inside chambers always had help in the form of Flamini or Cazorla.

Not really. While it is true Ozil tucked inside chambers always had help in the form of Flamini or Cazorla.

Yeah not quite the same thing. A winger will be able to get tighter to him up the pitch before he receives the ball like an auxiliary winger should. Not once did Ozil track back. Regardless, it was an obvious tactical oversight from Wenger.

Yeah not quite the same thing. A winger will be able to get tighter to him up the pitch before he receives the ball like an auxiliary winger should. Not once did Ozil track back. Regardless, it was an obvious tactical oversight from Wenger.

I hear you but I wouldn't say it was a tactical oversight, its not like Eden was always in the ascendency with just he and chambers. He had a few instances on the flank but it not like we took full advantage of Chambers on a yellow and Hazard isolated on him. I actually thought Arsenal were pretty decent defensively yesterday, nowhere near as cavalier. They showed us respect.

I hear you but I wouldn't say it was a tactical oversight, its not like Eden was always in the ascendency with just he and chambers. He had a few instances on the flank but it not like we took full advantage of Chambers on a yellow and Hazard isolated on him. I actually thought Arsenal were pretty decent defensively yesterday, nowhere near as cavalier. They showed us respect.

It also shows that Ozil spent most of the time playing as a CAM, despite some of their fans constantly making excuses for him.

It also shows that Ozil spent most of the time playing as a CAM, despite some of their fans constantly making excuses for him.

It always amuses me when Arsenal fans use that excuse. Ozil basically has a free role at Arsenal. He doesn't track back, can roam wherever he wants, and still does nothing of use. None of our creative midfielders have the freedom Ozil enjoys.

Pinnacle of delusion from an Arse fan here:

"I think this Chelsea side are getting a tad overrated. Hazard and Courtois apart theres nothing special about them imo. Yeah Costa is banging them in but that's mostly down to his physicality fitting into Chelsea's gameplay. Will he be as prolific when teams adjust to him a bit better? Even Matic is hyped up, just a big strong water carrier if you ask me.

Don't watch that creep Fabregas either, couldn't cut it at Barca and pretty much annonymous for a vast majority of the match.

Their defence looks more solid than it should because of Mourinho's shitty cowardly, compact, sit back and stifle, over cynical tactics.

To me there wasn't much in it. A bit of naivity by Gibbs and Sanchez allowed that little **** Hazard to catch us off guard. The killer goal came after we pushed chasing the equalizer, other than those two moments Chelsea done jackshit. It came down to a few minor details. If that **** Atkinson doesn't bottle it in fear of upsetting Mourinho then Cahill is off and the match changes. If Wilshere could actually control the ball properly and slots that chance away than again theres probably a different outcome.

I personally think the biggest problem is a lack of belief within the team. The players seem to have an inferiority complex when coming up against the big sides. I just get the impression that they go into these kind of games expecting to lose and this is were the manager comes in. This is where Wenger really has to earn his £8million salary and get the players up for it, instil confidence and implement the correct tactics and time after time he's fallen short."

This seems to be the general opinion amongst our bitter "rivals." Been seeing it from Arsenal, Liverpool, and City supporters. That we're "nothing special, just well organized." That we are totally, 100% reliant on Diego Costa and if he gets a serious injury we'll fall off the face of the Earth.

Pinnacle of delusion from an Arse fan here:

"I think this Chelsea side are getting a tad overrated. Hazard and Courtois apart theres nothing special about them imo. Yeah Costa is banging them in but that's mostly down to his physicality fitting into Chelsea's gameplay. Will he be as prolific when teams adjust to him a bit better? Even Matic is hyped up, just a big strong water carrier if you ask me.

Don't watch that creep Fabregas either, couldn't cut it at Barca and pretty much annonymous for a vast majority of the match.

Their defence looks more solid than it should because of Mourinho's shitty cowardly, compact, sit back and stifle, over cynical tactics.

To me there wasn't much in it. A bit of naivity by Gibbs and Sanchez allowed that little **** Hazard to catch us off guard. The killer goal came after we pushed chasing the equalizer, other than those two moments Chelsea done jackshit. It came down to a few minor details. If that **** Atkinson doesn't bottle it in fear of upsetting Mourinho then Cahill is off and the match changes. If Wilshere could actually control the ball properly and slots that chance away than again theres probably a different outcome.

I personally think the biggest problem is a lack of belief within the team. The players seem to have an inferiority complex when coming up against the big sides. I just get the impression that they go into these kind of games expecting to lose and this is were the manager comes in. This is where Wenger really has to earn his £8million salary and get the players up for it, instil confidence and implement the correct tactics and time after time he's fallen short."

This seems to be the general opinion amongst our bitter "rivals." Been seeing it from Arsenal, Liverpool, and City supporters. That we're "nothing special, just well organized." That we are totally, 100% reliant on Diego Costa and if he gets a serious injury we'll fall off the face of the Earth.

LMAOOO!!! We had fucking Torres last year and came close to winning the league. They're so silly.

LMAOOO!!! We had fucking Torres last year and came close to winning the league. They're so silly.

well Im really worried about arsenal .. they are THREE times better than last year .. only 2 - 0 this time.

and we could only draw at Citeh....oops forget to sign this :yay: