BlueLion.

Man of the Match  

107 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uhf, it was not to be THAT close a victory - had me by the edge of the sofa. Even though the win was never really in danger, 1-0 is still a dangerous victory. Kudos to their goalkeeper though, who had a tremendous match. Matic was IMO play of the match. In total control in midfield - it's a pleasure to watch him control that part of the field game after game.

Schürrle should have scored, Costa should have scored, Oscar should have scored, but it was Matic who scored a wonderful header.

Good game lads. Let's have our eyes on The Gooners now :-)

Good game by the team. I thought Matic, Oscar, Fabregas, Hazard all played well--both offensively and defensively.

Andre's finishing was woeful. Costa's finishing wasn't very good today. And Salah should have scored after Cesc's through ball.

Oscar should have scored...very easy opportunity

Schurrle should have scored...couple of chances

Costa should have scored...many chances

Salah should have scored...a chance in the last 5 mnts

That moment when COSTA forced their last man to foul him, injuring the poor defender in the process :D

If you look up "Awesomeness" in the encyclopedia, they'll show a picture of a heavy-browed Costa peering straight at you...

My MOTM, just for his Ares (God of war)-like presence throughout the 90 minutes, though rationally MATIC deserved it more.

Positives:

1. Good performance. Players were up for it.

2. Created so many chances and clear cut ones too!

3. Clean sheet!!

4. Schalke's draw with Maribor.

5. Top of the table

Negatives:

1. The finishing. Rui Patricio made some great saves but with like 4-5 one-on-one chances, we really should have scored at least 2 of it. All the shots were low FGS! :doh:

Wow, that could have been so comfortable. Some of the misses were ridiculous! Maybe we needed a game like this to keep everybody sharp. Think Mourinho will have them doing finishing work over the next few days.

Thankfully the other game was a draw so we're in charge of the group now.

Points to Ponder:

1. Despite the misses Costa is a Beast.

2. I am not going to worry about the misses, I would say their goalkeeper was supreme. However we should have won this game at least 3-0

3. Another clean sheet, defensively we are getting there.

4. MOM Matic was majestic. He is going to exceed Yaya Toure.

5. 3 points bagged and two points clear after two games. I am OK with that.

6. I am beginning to like Willian a lot. He will soon be Hazard level.

Bring on Arsenal

Not in my book. we lacked accuracy and precision in front goal with only goalkeeper to beat. those shots were straight to their keeper he didn't have any difficulty to save those.

Agree I thought both Costa and Schurrle could have gone wide of the keeper and passed the ball into the net