BlueLion.

Man of the Match  

107 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 points is the most important thing, I think our lack of goals came from a mixture of poor finnishing and that Patricio had a crazy game. Otherwise a decent day at the office. And Matic for motm imo, even without the goal he had a really solid performance which is assuring considering his kinda "slow" start of the season.

Patricio had a blinder but no excuses, the team really didn't make any of our best chances count... Pretty poor performance offensively.

I think Schurrle needs to be our super sub, he doesn't play a team game at all.

Hazard was fouled a lot but never looked to take the game to them.

Surprised Costa missed so many chances, he usually only need one.

Fabregas and Matic were our best players by a mile.

I voted Matic but Patricio is MOTM period.

Sort of bizzare game, really, I don't even want to analize it - 2nd part was a complete chaos. Could have been 1-1, couls (should) have been 5-0, could have been whatever. So I'm taking this result and I hope we will be more organized next matches.

Waste of so many chances, but Patricio had an absolute blinder, so kudos to him.

Good result in the Schalke match, we're top of the table, life is good, YAY! :D

lets give credit where its due, their GK had a worldie today. he was absolutely brilliant. on another day the scoreline would have been 4/5-0 EASILY. we could have been 1-0 in the 2nd minute. we were pretty good. created ample oppurtunities. defensively we were a little shaky especially when the lisbon players were running at our players. one of the worst things about today was the number of times we were caught on counter from corners and not for the first time this season. making repeated mistake is an arsenal trend and we should be doing something about that aspect of the game.

all the players were good except for schurlle who seems to be on a low. very suprised that costa got 90 minutes considering our next game is arsenal.

anyways, good result. good win. clean sheet. 4 points from 2 games with 2 legs against maribor. with the other results in the group, we should be done and dusted with the group by round 4 hopefully.