• Hazard (sub)
    • Drogba (sub)
    • Matic (sub)

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're through so thats good.

Made hard work of it though through missed opportunities and poor decision making in the final third.

Wouldn't have minded seeing Baker get a run out but I'm delighted for the likes of Zouma for the goal (happy happy) and Ake who was excellent and very assured in the middle.

On we go!

can't decide who to give the MOTM to. Both Oscar and Aké were very good. Oscar was lively in the first 20-30 minutes, actually scored a goal, had a few good passes, nearly assists (for example, Schurrle's shot on the wood in the second).

Aké was composed, smart and solid throughout the whole time he played. Will decide later (not that I could vote now if I wanted :P)

can't decide who to give the MOTM to. Both Oscar and Aké were very good. Oscar was lively in the first 20-30 minutes, actually scored a goal, had a few good passes, nearly assists (for example, Schurrle's shot on the wood in the second).

Aké was composed, smart and solid throughout the whole time he played. Will decide later.

perhaps we dont need a MOM .. no one stood out tho was pleased for Ake and Luis did some excellent

crosses .

Schurrle was clearly the best player in this game. No fortune in the shots, but everything else he didi it really well.

Good game, really good to see all the rotation and more importantly a great result.

We have a League to win, this is not the main competition.

My take on the match:

1) Ake is very good, we must give him chance

2) I like Zouma, looks composed, he is going to make it even if it takes 2 years.

3) Schurle needs one on one coaching on shooting

4) I thought we played very well despite the scoreline. If luck favoured us could have been 7-1

5) Not sure about Drogba, he really has lost touch and pace. Remy should be the sub for Costa when needed.

Bring on Shrewsbury

Luis was very good in the first half, good crosses, positive running which allowed Schurrle to cut in easily.

I believe it's only a matter of time before he takes his first team spot.

I'd start him for villa this weekend. Allow iva and azpilicueta to have the midweek pairing. and rest azpi this weekend