• Oscar
    • Salah
    • Remy
    • Hazard (sub)
    • Drogba (sub)
    • Matic (sub)

My take on the match:

1) Ake is very good, we must give him chance

2) I like Zouma, looks composed, he is going to make it even if it takes 2 years.

3) Schurle needs one on one coaching on shooting

4) I thought we played very well despite the scoreline. If luck favoured us could have been 7-1

5) Not sure about Drogba, he really has lost touch and pace. Remy should be the sub for Costa when needed.

Bring on Shrewsbury

agree with most of that .. also like Salahs work rate

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only real talking point from this game was Schurrle. He took 12 shots, 12! and only 3 were on target.

He really needs to start playing more team football, most of his shots were from distance too! Can anyone recall a goal from Schurrle from outside the 18? perhaps maybe the Sunderland game that's about it? He needs to have better shot selection... Awful

a proper CUP match. a bunch of "players" (not a "team"), who wanted to prove themselves to the manager. remy, schurrle were selfish and WASTEFUL to say the least. we were very dominant in the first half but flatish in the 2nd half. a poor goal to concede but if that was the only time we were troubled by a simple ball into the box from a set-piece, i would not have bothered. but our hopelessness in defending set-pieces is worrying.

really tough to decide an MOTM. ake, LUIS were both brilliant. barely put a foot wrong. but oscar was flawless too. the only player in the front 4 who helped gel the team together.

cech - poor goal to concede. also dint look at all convincing. the last corner was inside the box and should have been goalie feed. dint even come to get the ball.

azpi - good performance. solid. should replace iva at the weekend at RB.

zouma - he is "HAPPY", no doubt about that. got a goal, good in defending though he does misjudge aerial balls frequently (sometime during the end of the match). good, solid debut though

GC - solid as ever. that tackle at the end of the match signifies him.

luis - perfect performance. i will be SHOCKED if he does not start the villa game. he DESERVES it. what beautiful crosses and so comfortable on the ball and in defence.

mikel - decent performance. made a couple of good passes like the one to schurrle at the start of the match but fell into his normal routine towards the mid. slow in transition. but nonetheless, we know what he is here for. so a good job.

ake - what an awesome performance. just brilliant all around. his passing is brilliant, his ball-winning is brilliant. totally repaid JOSE's trust in starting him over baker. 10/10 performance for me. keep it up lad!!!

schurrle - LOLOLOLOLOL. dont know what got into him today. like i said before, probably took lessons from robben. hopeless performance. how many shots did he have? dont care if you scored a goal against city and now want to cement your first team place and blah blah blah, but that is unacceptable. very poor and very disappointed.

oscar - MOTM for me. brilliant workrate as ever. it was weird seeing him closing players down in the 86th minute when DD, salah and schurrle were strolling around. good goal too and could have got another. keep it up, PLEASE!!! dont fall off the wagon.

salah - good game. tried quite hard but their was no end product.

remy - he and schurrle probably had a wager on who will be more selfish and useless for the team. schurrle won it hands down though. poor performance. could and probably SHOULD have had a hat-trick.

subs

DD - dont see the use of bringing him on. he seriously does not seem interested. hard to see that.

at the end of the day, a win and progress and thats all that matters.

The only real talking point from this game was Schurrle. He took 12 shots, 12! and only 3 were on target.

He really needs to start playing more team football, most of his shots were from distance too! Can anyone recall a goal from Schurrle from outside the 18? perhaps maybe the Sunderland game that's about it? He needs to have better shot selection... Awful

Even if he were messi or Ronaldo that number is unacceptable. Should have been yanked before it got to that point though.

Schurrle was clearly the best player in this game. No fortune in the shots, but everything else he didi it really well.

Good game, really good to see all the rotation and more importantly a great result.

We have a League to win, this is not the main competition.

Not even close to the best! He was easily the guy I would've subbed at half time. didn't use any of his teammates and if you're gonna shoot 12 times please at least test the keeper half of them.

Even if he were messi or Ronaldo that number is unacceptable. Should have been yanked before it got to that point though.

The only time I can see a guy shooting like that at will is if we're comfortably up and he's chasing a milestone. I would much rather him off the bench given what I've seen from him in the last two games he's started. Not looking like a team player.

Not even close to the best! He was easily the guy I would've subbed at half time. didn't use any of his teammates and if you're gonna shoot 12 times please at least test the keeper half of them.

he's favorite player is cristiano.