Man City v Chelsea

Jase

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We didn't win there last season, though. We lost 0:2.

A win would be fantastic, of course, but our record against City isn't that great lately, so I'd be okay with a draw.

Edit: you're right, we won. I got it mixed up with our loss in the FA Cup.

we won there, we beat them twice

Imagine 1-1 till 92' minute and then,Didier Drogba from the corner....1-2 for Chelsea.

Now seriously,although it's only start of the season,it would make us much more comfortable and realxed ahead of weaker opponents if we won this game and make +8,I have no doubt that Jose will take his chance.

And who knows maybe win against them will open doors for Zouma,Cech or Ake.

I disagree with the notion City has played bad this season...

City has played quite well every game Ive seen, even the loss to Stoke, they had plenty of chances to score and the game vs Arsenal, they had a lot of opportunities....

Yaya doesnt play any defense at all and Fernandinho has played well, but he is a fouling machine, ala ramires....

First good cb Costa will play in the epl...

Courtois

Azpi - Ivanovic - Terry - Luis

Matic - Ramires

Willian - Cesc - Hazard

Costa

Press them from start to end.

Pretty much this. Have been disappointed with Cahill lately and he needs dropping until he regains form, Luis and Hazard on the same flank will be absolutely vital. Oscar to come in if City start to control the game more so than we'd like.

I worry greatly about the Matic fabregas midfield combo in this game. we have been far too open with this midfield and man city will make us pay darely for it if we attempt it at the etihad. Ramires should come back in with Fabregas moved higher up and flanked by Hazard and Willian/schurrle.

I worry greatly about the Matic fabregas midfield combo in this game. we have been far too open with this midfield and man city will make us pay darely for it if we attempt it at the etihad. Ramires should come back in with Fabregas moved higher up and flanked by Hazard and Willian/schurrle.

Can't see Jose starting with the two, he knows they'll hammer us. Think there is also a possibility of Pellegrini playing the three off Fernandinho, Fernando and Yaya.

The 4-3-3 will be started here. Rambo has had his best games in a blue shirt against City in the past so lets hope he continues it. Think we'll win 1-0 with a late Costa winner.

There is 100% chance that both Oscar and Ramires will start against City. Their defensive work is needed from the get go.

Willian is the player who can come on and bring something different, like a long shot, quick dribble and flick.

We will return to a deep defense line for this game, which will help our CBs - still a tough match for sure.

There is 100% chance that both Oscar and Ramires will start against City. Their defensive work is needed from the get go.

Willian is the player who can come on and bring something different, like a long shot, quick dribble and flick.

We will return to a deep defense line which will help our CBs. Still a tough match for sure.

Hmm think it's gonna be Willian starting instead of Oscar. Willian's got more pace and is better at taking on players. More suited to counter attacking.