Indian Super League

nachikethas

So you make this comment...

And then get butthurt when Spyker calls Germans rude..

Why are you even joining the conversation? You weren't part of it. Can't stand people who have the urge to have a say in every matter. It's not the first time you're doing it. Are you on your periods again? Or is it an attention deficit you have to cope with?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How big is football in India? You never really see Indian players. Do you think India will produce a world class player soon?

football has been really big...it had a brazilian ligue model in the 60's and 70's(especially in kerala, bengal, goa) but again due to improper infrastructure it was only seen as a means to get a job in the railway or services after college.... then the age of cricket came in india.... everybody jumped on the cash rich bandwagon and soon forgot hockey and football which were actually coming up during those times......

the saddest part is I have seen players while playing at university level that are actually very talented.....with proper coaching and tactical guidance they could have reached a english professional player standards....but most of them if not all chose to become engineers or doctors .... they get paid around 3000$ monthly in those jobs while as a footballer they would have got paid at the top level as a star player about 10000$ annually(baichung bhutia's income )..

so why india doesnt have a football team of atleast average standards are obvious!! btw a cricketer gets paid around 8000$ per series even if he doesnt get to play...!!!

What's the attendance expected to be? Do you think it'll sell out?

it was a complete sell out..... apparently not one seat was empty and ppl had a bought a lot on black about thrice the orginal cost to just see the match ....

and kolkata really turned up some style....the foreign players was a treat....but again it brought out how behind the indian contingent is to catching up :(

Why are you even joining the conversation? You weren't part of it. Can't stand people who have the urge to have a say in every matter. It's not the first time you're doing it. Are you on your periods again? Or is it an attention deficit you have to cope with?

uhmmm.... because it's a forum? and forums are kind of meant for conversations?

Really curious to see how they settle into India. India has been the dirtiest, poorest and unhealthiest country I have ever visited.

I think if you put a billion people anywhere you are going to get such issues involving health and cleanliness. I remember when I went with my parents as a teen our place we were staying at had a maid. I noticed that the maids were going to the restroom outside(I don't know if this was an unwritten rule or what), but when I saw ours was about to I decided that was not cool and that she should use the inside so I came up to her, put my hand on her shoulder with a smile, and pointed towards the house. She literally freaked out and thought I was trying something funny :D . My mom died from laughter watching this.

You don't see a lot of Indian footballers making it out of India, but there are some good ones around the indian diaspora especially some from caribbean and south American countries like Narsingh.

I remember Harpal Singh playing for Leeds and Zeshan Rehman (Pakistani though) playing for FUlham even in the Premier League. Pretty poor though compared to the total number of population. What a pity that other Sports like Cricket are more promoted in South Asia because the potentially good footballers over there are undoubtedly existing.

Having watched all 3 matches so far,following are my observations:

1. Players are exhausted after about 60 minutes on an average, both due to lack of fitness and the hot humid Indian climate. To mitigate this, matches should either be reduced to 35 minute halves or number of substitutes allowed should be increased to 5 per team. A short drinks break could additionally be introduced to ensure players do not over-exert themselves.

2. After 270 minutes of football, not a single Indian player has even come close to scoring a goal. Balraj Sahni of Atletico de Kolkata was the only domestic player who had a couple of decent shots on target as far as I can recall. It doesn't help of course that I-League champions Bengaluru FC do not have any representation in this competition. Sunil Chhetri and Robin Singh would have been decent bets to get their names on the scoresheet.

3. More to follow...

Tragic. RIP.

To be honest, even when I see footballers jumping on top of each other after a goal I'm surprised the goal scorer doesn't get injured from that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yippeee Kerala Blaster are in to the semis. :blue scalf:

Even though we played really poorly today i think the team should progress for the fans atleast. Great support today as well. 47000 was the average attendance in our 7 home matches and a very noisy atmosphere also.

Yesss Kerala Balsters are into the Finals.. :blue scalf: :blue scalf: :blue scalf:

beat Chennaiyin FC in 4-3 on aggregrate . The second leg semi had every drama just like a high intense UCL semi. The support at Kochi our home ground for the 7 home matches plus one semi final was immense. 49000 was the average attendance.

Kochi Stadium got the 2nd highest attendances outside Europe!!! :readthemessage:

B4wS4ZwCMAA336J.jpg

Yessss... my team Atlético de Kolkata the champions of the inaugural edition of Isl!!! :delight::delight: Well played kerala was a tough match went right to the end.... but still the real winner is indian football , hope this drives the level of football in lndia!!

the CHAMPIONS of inaugural edition of ISL!
the CHAMPIONS of inaugural edition of ISL!