Indian Super League

nachikethas

The Indian Super League is set to begin this october.It will feature eight franchise teams from all around India including my hometown Kochi (Kerala Blasters) owned by cricketer sachin Tendulker.A lot of foreign players have been signed up for ISL so far.

David James is our GK and manager!

Heres the logo of our team.

Kerala_Blasters_FC_Logo.png

Our stadium

Jawaharlal_Nehru_Stadium_kochi.jpg

Its been designed as a multi purpose stadium so the gallery won't be very close to the pitch.It has capacity around 75000.This stadium will also host 2017 u17 worldcup :)

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trezeguet, del Piero, Pires, Ljungberg, Luis Garcia, Capdevila, Josemi, David James, Michael Chopra, Manuel Freidrich are the 'big' names that are going to be out there. Materazzi and Peter Reid are amongst the coaches.

I guess its a start to finally getting football on the map over there?

How big is football in India? You never really see Indian players. Do you think India will produce a world class player soon?

There has been a BOOM in football's popularity in the recent past. Specially in the younger generation. Kids today are discussing football just like they would discuss and moreover more and more are starting to play the game.

We are still light years away from producing a world class player simply cos we don't have the basic facilities and grass root organization for kids to vecome one. The natch our players were getting is a disgrace and so people don't see it as a viable career choice. Hopedully the rise in popularity changes things.

How long does the season go for?

October to December 20. ISL is an IPL(cricket t20) Model league which will have a final. We have our regular league called ileague which I think will have a break during ISL.

How big is football in India? You never really see Indian players. Do you think India will produce a world class player soon?

It really popular in Indian states like Bengal,Kerala&Goa. Popular than cricket.

We really need to develop the infrastructure for football. Also the regular system needs to be changed. Here the football academies aren't very efficient, a young player only gets chance to perform on big stages by the time he turn 18 at least.

I think each ISL teams need to develop their own football academies in order to participate which will help the young indian talents to mingle with international players and train with them.

Also the upcoming U-17 world up in 2017 will be great platform for India to get in to the main stage. We need to develop a good team for that from now.

My home team will be Atlético de Kolkata from my city kolkata , name is Atlético de Kolkata due to the team is partly owned by atletico madrid , our 1st team head coach will be former Valencia and Bolivia manager Antonio López Habas.

The team will play their home matches at the 120,000 capacity Salt Lake Stadium in Kolkata which is second largest stadium in the world by capacity.

stade-saltlake-stadium-calcutta.jpg

First match of ISL will be Atlético de Kolkata vs Mumbai Fc on 12th October 2014 in Kolkata after the opening ceremony which is speculated to be held here...

My home team will be Atlético de Kolkata from my city kolkata , name is Atlético de Kolkata due to the team is partly owned by atletico madrid , our 1st team head coach will be former Valencia and Bolivia manager Antonio López Habas.

The team will play their home matches at the 120,000 capacity Salt Lake Stadium in Kolkata which is second largest stadium in the world by capacity.

stade-saltlake-stadium-calcutta.jpg

First match of ISL will be Atlético de Kolkata vs Mumbai Fc on 12th October 2014 in Kolkata after the opening ceremony which is speculated to be held here...

What's the attendance expected to be? Do you think it'll sell out?

didn't anelka just sign for an indian team?

also, in the documentary History of Football (narrated by Terence Stamp), there was a great bit about football coming to India during the sports' early days. Can't remember which episode.

yes . For Mumbai FC

• 3 weeks later...

Really curious to see how they settle into India. India has been the dirtiest, poorest and unhealthiest country I have ever visited.

Atleast their people are nice , my cousin have visited germany nd he thinks the germans are the most impolite and rude he have ever come across.. racist nd always trying to look down on others if you don't agree with them, still the same people deep down that they had 70 or so years ago

Atleast their people are nice , my cousin have visited germany nd he thinks the germans are the most impolite and rude he have ever come across.. racist nd always trying to look down on others if you don't agree with them, still the same people deep down that they had 70 or so years ago

Butthurt much? The perception of your 'cousin' doesn't match the perception of the majority of people visiting Germany since Germany is one of the most popular countries to migrate to for many people. Deal with it. But again, everybody has the right to have his opinion.

Calling all Germans like you do is the same like calling all Indian people rapists. Just nonsense.

So you make this comment...

Really curious to see how they settle into India. India has been the dirtiest, poorest and unhealthiest country I have ever visited.

And then get butthurt when Spyker calls Germans rude..

Butthurt much? The perception of your 'cousin' doesn't match the perception of the majority of people visiting Germany since Germany is one of the most popular countries to migrate to for many people. Deal with it. But again, everybody has the right to have his opinion.

Calling all Germans like you do is the same like calling all Indian people rapists. Just nonsense.