Cosmin

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I know his "Chelsea career" is over. He looked really impressive in the summer after his transfer to Chelsea. I don't remember for how much we bought him, but it looks like we won't make profit from him.

About this boy, I can't say anything. I'm just hoping this won't finish as Wallace.

• 2 months later...

Indeed Hagi (greatest Romanian football player of all time and now Viitorul's owner) confirmed a few days ago that Manea is no longer his player and he's already signed with a big team. In fact, the terms were agreed last winter and he said he will reveal the name of the team after Romania U21's qualifying match against Armenia. That game is scheduled in five days.

99% his next destination is going to be Chelsea and sources close to Manea revealed that, in order to close the deal, Hagi specifically asked Chelsea to try and continue his development and find a team where he can be the undisputed right-back. Apparently Chelsea agreed terms with ADO Den Haag to send him on loan there and have him in their line-up week-in, week-out.

Manea did an interview a couple of days ago and he was also reluctant to reveal the name of his next club, but kinda talks like he's already signed for Chelsea. Here is the interview:

"He [Hagi] told me to come here [to the Romania U21 camp] and give my best for the NT. The squad has some fresh faces, there's always new things to learn and when this camp will be finished he [Hagi] will tell me where I'm heading to next season."

"A foreign league will always be a step forwards, first of all you learn a new language, new tactics, there is a new culture. It is an important step for me, should I leave. Should I stay, I'll continue to play for Viitorul, give my best, train harder trying to become better than I already am."

When they asked him if he can impose himself as a regular starter for Mourinho, he said: "I'm fine with English, I've learned it since I was a little kid. Should I sign for Chelsea, I'll give all of me, I'll work until I'm out of stamina. If it works out, then it's going to be good for me, if not, that's life. But there is no way it won't work out. If you fight for it and work hard, there is no way you will fail. I trust in me and I'm sure everything will be alright."

"My legs won't be shaking when I'll enter [Chelsea's] locker room for the first time. They are footballers and so am I, they've all started from the bottom, just like I did. It'll be a pleasure to work with them."

"Of course I want to follow Dan Petrescu's footsteps and hopefully one day, they [Chelsea fans] will chant Super Cristi like they did with Super Dan."

• 2 months later...

did he sign for chelsea?? And got loaned out??

Yes, but there's still no official confirmation. I believe they wait until everything's done and dusted, and then confirm buy and loan, like with Pantic.

Yes, but there's still no official confirmation. I believe they wait until everything's done and dusted, and then confirm buy and loan, like with Pantic.

that deal has been dragging on for so long

Meh, don't know anything about Mouscron, but I think Chelsea should have loaned him back to Viitorul in Romania. They're playing really good this season, one of the best teams in the league so far, they are finally playing in their own stadium that Hagi has built with his own money. And he would have been closer to the NT coaches.

Hopefully this loan won't get him off the radar, he really is the best Romanian prospect to have come through the youth ranks in the last years. Finally someone with the right mentality to play for one of Europe's giants in the near future.

Meh, don't know anything about Mouscron, but I think Chelsea should have loaned him back to Viitorul in Romania. They're playing really good this season, one of the best teams in the league so far, they are finally playing in their own stadium that Hagi has built with his own money. And he would have been closer to the NT coaches.

Hopefully this loan won't get him off the radar, he really is the best Romanian prospect to have come through the youth ranks in the last years. Finally someone with the right mentality to play for one of Europe's giants in the near future.

Mouscron is are feeder club now thats probably why we loaned him there

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You