Jase

Man of the Match  

124 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Luis did pretty well for a debut. I definitely prefer him there over Azpi. Produced a nice cross for Didier too.

Not the best result though. I don't think Didier should have started at all and Remy would have been enough.

Can only blame ourselves, and those are draws/loses that i can deal with.

Yeah we should have put the game to bed, yes Cesc and Drogs should have scored, but unless this becomes a recurring theme (not taking chances, like last year) just gotta move on. Though i gotta say our offense has been immense, really know how to carve out good chances.

Though i will say i saw a lot of passive defending, only Felipe Luis seemed to put in tackles. Both Cahill & JT were backing off way too much for my liking.

Just got to move on.

Schalke were absolute crap. We got about 7 or 8 chances we should have scored from, but Drogba's finishing is not what it used to be as well as FAbregas's. We need a good finisher as Costa to start such a game. Even if we had had a player like Huntelaar instead of Drogba as striker we would have easily won. WE were better than them at every single position except ST and that cost us.

Is it just me or does Ivanovic seem to be caught out of position for every terrible goal we've conceded this season so far ?

THANK YOU! People were saying he was having a fantastic 1st half when most, if not all of their chances came from our right and then boom, their goal comes from our right.

That is what happens when you rest someone with 7 goals in 4 games and start a half fit 36 year old in his place. Not on about the sitter he missed but his all round contribution was shocking. Cahill was pretty poor as well.

"We should be able to rotate 4 or 5 players and still beat Schalke" remember those idiotic comments. They could have beat us tonight.

Just because we've won 4 out of 4 PL games doesn't mean we are the best team in Europe, big reality check. Play like that against City and we will lose.

Filipe Luis is brilliant though.

Positives:

• Filipe Luis was OUTSTANDING. Glad he got his chance to shine. MOTM.
  • Hazard was awesome. As was Willian at points. Fabregas' passing is great as always.
  • Ivanovic. Great going forward.

Negatives:

• Didier Drogba should not start games. End of.
  • Defence was weak, what's with all of the standing off these days?! I felt like I was watching a re-run of Arsenal last night at times.
  • Subs: Why in the fuck do you bring Oscar on?! He adds nothing to these sorts of situations and this isn't just me criticising him, its the decision I have a problem with.
  • Drogba should have come off at half time. Remy needed minutes and looked a threat but it was too late
  • Too much like last seasons basel game. We'll bounce back.

Getting completely out-sung by the Schalke fans (of which there weren't many) was also a big negative. Atmosphere was awful.

Chiefly Mourinho's fault that. Poor line-up starting Drogba. I was amazed to see him start such a game. Poor reaction, delaying subs for so long. Poor shifting Hazard to a weaker wing for him (the right) in the last minutes, but I guess that's a consequence of waiting so long to make a sub.

He should have started Remy not Drogba. Drogba should have started against Bolton, not the freaking Champions League. That wasn't a difficult decision to make. I just hope he takes responsibility for dropped points against a team that literally had no CB's going into the game.

Fabregas' performance today:

Created chances

Scored a goal that should not have stood (not his fault that the ref allowed it)

Missed a sitter

Gave away the ball cheaply in the build up to the Schalke goal

By his standards, not good enough...he isn't the reason we lost the game but this should serve as a timely wake-up call for him and the team...

Let us not even discuss Drogba's inclusion ahead of Remy..

I think Luis should be a nailed on started after that performance, now it's down to Ivanovic and Azpilicueta. I think Ivanovic has been outstanding going forward, but Azpilicueta is much better defensively IMO. Ivanovic gets caught out way too much for my liking.

Unfortunately, Drogba lost us the three points. He squandered way too many chances. Hazard and Fabregas had a few decent chances as well but they both performed very well and created a lot so I'm okay with it.

Mourinho tried to be sentimental with the decision to start Drogba but it obviously failed. Didier was awful. Cahill was also quite poor, not sure what he was thinking for the Huntelaar goal. It's why I always say he'll never be one of the best in the world, he will never get the 'backing away' aspect out of his game.

Saw some positives though, Luis absolutely bossed it on that left side and was generally brilliant. My MOTM. Hope he gets more games.