Jase

Man of the Match  

124 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely fuming. We should have put the game to bed by half time. On top of that Drogba stays on after a very poor performance. Play Remy just play Remy. Why the fuck wouldnt you play Remy. Mourinho underestimated Schalke and we lost 2 points because of it. Fuck sake.

Disappointed by not too worried. I have a feeling there'll be a lot of knee here reactions from this performance. In truth though, this is really the first game this season we weren't clinical.

Drogba was totally ineffective and the team didn't take their chances. Team also switched off 2nd half. Let's bounce back against city!

Positives:

• Filipe Luis was OUTSTANDING. Glad he got his chance to shine. MOTM.
  • Hazard was awesome. As was Willian at points. Fabregas' passing is great as always.
  • Ivanovic. Great going forward.

Negatives:

• Didier Drogba should not start games. End of.
  • Defence was weak, what's with all of the standing off these days?! I felt like I was watching a re-run of Arsenal last night at times.
  • Subs: Why in the fuck do you bring Oscar on?! He adds nothing to these sorts of situations and this isn't just me criticising him, its the decision I have a problem with.
  • Drogba should have come off at half time. Remy needed minutes and looked a threat but it was too late
  • Too much like last seasons basel game. We'll bounce back.

When your defense shy away from tackles and your attack refuses to score you can't expect a lot more than that. Drogba had a mare of a match. Fabregas had an overall good game but two of his mistakes heavily contributed to the draw - being dispossessed which resulted in we conceding and missing that chance which would have put us in a comfortable 2-0 position.

Hazard MOTM, exquisite assist for Cesc's goal and the drive to impact the game the whole time. Unfortunately today wasn't our day. Our defenders need to learn that fouling is sometimes necessary. And Mourinho should leave sentimentality and nostalgia aside, Drogba should have been off at HT.

This match proved two things. You must take your chances or it will come back to bite you. The next thing is we should never get complacent and underestimate any CL team.

To think that there quite a few people saying that it would be ok for all of Fabregas, Hazard and Costa to be rested for this game shows how naive and complacent some people are. As I said in the pre-match you cannot underestimate the CL and thinking you can take out your 3 best players for rotation is ludicrous considering this is our first CL game. Hope some people wake up really. A few were treating this match like a carling cup game by even hoping Baker would feature and Zouma start. Just :doh:

Anyway we should have taken our chances. Luckily we have got a kind group so the draw does not really disappoint me much. Bring on City.