On Fire! Costa Takes Player Of The Month Award

CHOULO19

Diego Costa has been rewarded for his brilliant start with Chelsea by winning the "Barclays Premiere League Player of the Month" award for August.

The 25 year old who netted 4 times in the first 3 matches of the season, including a brace against Everton, was nominated for the award along side Nathan Dyer and Gylfi Sigurdsson, Andreas Weimann, and teammate Cesc Fabregas.

diego-costa-accepts-august-accolade.img.

And the Spanish-Brazilian striker expressed his delight at receiving this award:

"I’m very happy to win this award. It is important to begin well at a new club and I’m pleased with both my start to the season and also the team’s, which is the most important thing."

He added: "‘I hope to continue scoring goals to help out the team and keep making our fantastic supporters happy. I thank my team-mates as they have helped me win this award."

Manager Jose Mourinho was also nominated for the Manager of the Month award after guiding the team to full points and top of the table in August, but lost out to Swansea manager Garry Monk. Here's to hoping that the 'curse of the manager of the month' comes into affect when we host Monk's team tomorrow afternoon! ;)

Also this week, Petr Cech received the Premiere League "Golden Glove" award that he won last season for keeping the joint most clean sheets (16) along with Wojciech Szczęsny.

1410510885880.jpg

Big Pete, upon receiving his third "Golden Glove" award after 2004/05 and 2009/10, was keen to praise his teammates for helping him in achieving this accolade:

"It’s always a pleasure to receive individual awards but I know that it would not be possible without my team-mates who work very hard to ensure the team keeps a clean sheet."

Well done boys, and hopefully many more in the future. :whisky:

Click here to view article.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic