Is it too early to put Diego Simeone in the top bracket off managers?

Tomo

If you include Ferguson and Heynckes seeing as they've only just recently retired... These are the top 18 in the world right now IMO:

1) Ferguson

2) Mourinho

3) Capello

4) Ancelotti

5) Louw

6) Heynckes

7) Klopp

8) Guardiola

9) Lippi

10) Wenger

11) Trapattoni

12) Simeone

13) Del Bosque

14) Lucescu

15) Hiddink

16) Conte

17) Bielsa

18) Pellegrini

EDIT: So in answer to your question, yes I think Simeone is in the bracket of top class managers.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you include Ferguson and Heynckes seeing as they've only just recently retired... These are the top 18 in the world right now IMO:

1) Ferguson

2) Mourinho

3) Capello

4) Ancelotti

5) Louw

6) Heynckes

7) Klopp

8) Guardiola

9) Lippi

10) Wenger

11) Trapattoni

12) Simeone

13) Del Bosque

14) Lucescu

15) Hiddink

16) Conte

17) Bielsa

18) Pellegrini

EDIT: So in answer to your question, yes I think Simeone is in the bracket of top class managers.

Capello did a good job with England despite the WC in SA, 100 times better than Roy Hodgson who frankly makes me cringe with embarrassment.

And Wenger above Simeone?

Capello did a good job with England despite the WC in SA, 100 times better than Roy Hodgson who frankly makes me cringe with embarrassment.

And Wenger above Simeone?

Simeone is great. But Wenger (as much as I hate the man) is a good manager. Don't forget the 02/03 season, Wenger achieved something amazing - the invincible season. Simeone is nearly there though, and with another La Liga/CL win he would jump up another 2/3 places.

EDIT: Yup about the Capello/Hodgson thing. Woy doesn't embarrass me and I don't think he's bad but Capello was good for England IMO. If the FA had left well enough alone and not undermined Capello with the whole JT thing then I reckon we'd have done a hell of a lot better at this recent world cup.

Simeone is great. But Wenger (as much as I hate the man) is a good manager. Don't forget the 02/03 season, Wenger achieved something amazing - the invincible season. Simeone is nearly there though, and with another La Liga/CL win he would jump up another 2/3 places.

EDIT: Yup about the Capello/Hodgson thing. Woy doesn't embarrass me and I don't think he's bad but Capello was good for England IMO. If the FA had left well enough alone and not undermined Capello with the whole JT thing then I reckon we'd have done a hell of a lot better at this recent world cup.

That was all a decade ago mind, in the current day Simeone is better equipped at what's required to manage at the top level. AWs methods is a decade out of date.

Roy is embarrassing for me, I use to laugh at the time when he was Liverpool manager because he was embarrassing them but he said some cringeworthy stuff (off the top of my head calling a win at Bolton a famous victory, and saying his achievements in Scandinavia should get him recognition on par with Fergie :lol: ) then if that's not enough he gets the England job tells a London Underground passenger Rio England career is over, then said Oxlade Chamberlain did well against Pirlo and Ambrosini vs AC Milan, one left the previous summer, the other weren't playing :doh:

Im starting to think he might be a troll.

El Cholo managed to dismantle two European giants who have both took over Spain and are heavily influenced financially by unfair distributed TV Revenue in the league.

What he accomplished last year, is on the same level as Mourinho's success with Porto in 04 imo.

• 2 weeks later...

1) Ferguson

2) Mourinho

3) Capello

4) Ancelotti

5) Louw

6) Heynckes

7) Klopp

8) Guardiola

9) Lippi

10) Wenger

11) Trapattoni

12) Simeone

13) Del Bosque

14) Lucescu

15) Hiddink

16) Conte

17) Bielsa

18) Pellegrini

No way are Cappello, Lippi, Trapatoni, and Bielsa are top managers at the moment. They have had a lengthy and great career, but the game has past them their tactics and management will not suffice for me. Louw is rated way too high, considering everyone biggest doubt about Germany was their manager.

Where is someone like Rudi Garcia? What he did at Lille and so far at Roma is extradionary, i am not sure how many managers i would pick over him. By the end of the season, he will be talked about in the same bracket as Klopp and Simeone.

No way are Cappello, Lippi, Trapatoni, and Bielsa are top managers at the moment. They have had a lengthy and great career, but the game has past them their tactics and management will not suffice for me. Louw is rated way too high, considering everyone biggest doubt about Germany was their manager.

Where is someone like Rudi Garcia? What he did at Lille and so far at Roma is extradionary, i am not sure how many managers i would pick over him. By the end of the season, he will be talked about in the same bracket as Klopp and Simeone.

Decent enough arguments, and good point about Garcia. I got a bit carried away with my list I think. Capello has just done too much not to be up there for me, I'm taking the last 10 or so years into account here, as well as right now. It's kinda hard to qualify so people will always think differently. I personally rate Trapa and Lippi very highly because they both won a lot each back when Serie A was actually... you know... good.

And i've always loved Louw. Feel like he's a big part of the rejuvenation of German football after their rethink about 10 years ago. Big fan of the way the Germans play football so maybe that makes me slightly biased but still, i'll stick with my opinion on him :).