Contract Talk - When do the Chelsea players' current deals expire?

Jase

Yep, I think Ramires is happy to be here and I guess he wouldn't mind not starting at all matches? He'd still have a lot of minutes played.

He's a good squad member, he's useful and suitable for some situations, it'd be stupid to let him go (although I wouldn't mind a replacement with a little more polished game... then again I don't know if said player exists).

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Zouma has to be Terry replacement (at atleast) and it is stupid for the club not to offer Tibo a contract!

Despite what ever, a new contract would earn either a future ground for potential long-termers or rather pay-offs.

Hope Torres stays at Milan for the whole two seasons!

Yep, I think Ramires is happy to be here and I guess he wouldn't mind not starting at all matches? He'd still have a lot of minutes played.

He's a good squad member, he's useful and suitable for some situations, it'd be stupid to let him go (although I wouldn't mind a replacement with a little more polished game... then again I don't know if said player exists).

Pogba?[emoji55]

Pogba?[emoji55]

for 60M, no thank you. Ramires can do a job for us without costing us anything but his probably not impressive wages.

Makes no sense to bring Pogba... also Ramires doesn't have a starting position, he's suitable for some matches. Pogba would displace one between Matic, Cesc or Oscar. He isn't a direct replacement for a player that doesn't even start all matches...

for 60M, no thank you. Ramires can do a job for us without costing us anything but his probably not impressive wages.

Makes no sense to bring Pogba... also Ramires doesn't have a starting position, he's suitable for some matches. Pogba would displace one between Matic, Cesc or Oscar. He isn't a direct replacement for a player that doesn't even start all matches...

He could replace Oscar. And permanently move to a 4-3-3.

He could replace Oscar. And permanently move to a 4-3-3.

Yes Or 4-2-3-1 pivot matic-pogba and cesc on 10.

I just wrote a post about it on his thread.

If José wanted a better #10, we'd aim for one, not change the system to accommodate an expensive player. Oscar is our #10 because of the tactical awareness and commitment he has... The day he stops offering what we need or we change our needs for the position we'll go to the market for a #10 player.

Moving Cesc from his best position #8 to a position he isn't as good(#10) to accommodate a 60m-player we don't really need makes no sense. Also Pogba offers something completely different from Cesc in the pivot and Cesc offers exactly what we need.

You're advocating to change a whole system, to accommodate an expensive as hell player, that nobody knows how will adapt to English football. I'm so happy we have a smart board and manager these days so I don't need to worry about us doing stupid or at least risky business like this one.

If José wanted a better #10, we'd aim for one, not change the system to accommodate an expensive player. Oscar is our #10 because of the tactical awareness and commitment he has... The day he stops offering what we need or we change our needs for the position we'll go to the market for a #10 player.

Moving Cesc from his best position #8 to a position he isn't as good(#10) to accommodate a 60m-player we don't really need makes no sense. Also Pogba offers something completely different from Cesc in the pivot and Cesc offers exactly what we need.

You're advocating to change a whole system, to accommodate an expensive as hell player, that nobody knows how will adapt to English football. I'm so happy we have a smart board and manager these days so I don't need to worry about us doing stupid or at least risky business like this one.

It wouldn't be a change to the whole system. Pogba is a box to box and can do what Ramires AND Oscar do, better. Mourinho likes Oscar cause of the workrate, not his creativity, that's what Cesc is for. We don't need a 10 in our system, a midfield 3 of

Matic

Pogba-Cesc

Would be insane.

I don't know if i'd really classify Oscar as a 10. His role reminds me more off a box to box then a 10.

Wouldn't be that big of a change as you're making it out to be. We're already playing a sort of crossbreed between a 4-3-3 and a 4-2-3-1.

It would be a lot of money but looking at how balanced our squad is now i don't really see where we would need to invest in next season. So if we wanted to we would be able to go for an expensive signing.