Contract Talk - When do the Chelsea players' current deals expire?

Jase

The Blues have reportedly offered new contracts to the trio of Thibaut Courtois, Eden Hazard and Gary Cahill with the players close to signing their respective contract offers.

READ MORE - Courtois is set to put pen on paper on a new deal with the 2012 European champions

While those new deals will keep the aforementioned players at the club for the foreseeable future, others may not be so fortunate as their contract may be expiring soon. Or they would have to fight and see if the club offers them a new contract as well.

Here's a list stating the players' current contracts expiry year:

Summer 2015
John Terry
Mark Schwarzer
Didier Drogba

Summer 2016
Petr Cech
Thibaut Courtois *
Branislav Ivanovic
Fernando Torres (on loan at AC Milan)
Josh McEachran (on loan at Vitesse)

Summer 2017
Gary Cahill *
Filipe Luis
John Obi Mikel
Oriol Romeu (on loan at Stuttgart)
Ramires

Oscar
Eden Hazard *
Marko Marin (on loan at Fiorentina)
Victor Moses (on loan at Stoke)

Summer 2018
Marco van Ginkel (on loan at AC Milan)
Willian
Andre Schurrle
Christian Atsu (on loan at Everton)

Summer 2019
Diego Costa
Mohamed Salah
Cesc Fabregas
Nemanja Matic
Cesar Azpilicueta

Kurt Zouma
Jamal Blackman (on loan at Middlesbrough)

* Indicating players have reportedly been offered a new contract

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't recall anything of such. We had just signed him 2 years ago. Why would we give him a contract extension this quick especially when he hasn't always performed consistently?

Typo. Do you think they will renew him in the next year or so, or will they sell him?

Typo. Do you think they will renew him in the next year or so, or will they sell him?

Considering he's a key figure in Mourinho's system, I doubt that we'll sell him but then again if he continues to be inconsistent, then he could well be sold.

Considering he's a key figure in Mourinho's system, I doubt that we'll sell him but then again if he continues to be inconsistent, then he could well be sold.

If Oscar has a similar season as last season then i wouldn't be suprised if we bought a Pogba, Vidal type of replacement next season.

More of a physical, ball recuperating midfielder but still good on the ball to help out in the build up play.

Don't think we'd sell him though we'd probably just keep him as squad depth unless a crazy bid came in.

PSG were offering 40m for him last summer, think we could still get around 50m considering Luiz went for that much. I don't want him gone though, unless a 50m+ bid comes in

If his poor form continues to January and that kind of offer is still on the table we should definitely take it.

PSG were offering 40m for him last summer, think we could still get around 50m considering Luiz went for that much. I don't want him gone though, unless a 50m+ bid comes in

IF someone was to bid 40+ million for Oscar, it would be tempting to sell him*..

(*assuming he doesn't drastically improve this season with the addition of Fabregas)

If his poor form continues to January and that kind of offer is still on the table we should definitely take it.

IF someone was to bid 40+ million for Oscar, it would be tempting to sell him*..

(*assuming he doesn't drastically improve this season with the addition of Fabregas)

I think he's had a fantastic start to the season.

Oscar is essentially our Sergio Busquets (I'm not implying he's as good, because he's not) he recycles possession, moves the ball forward, linking the defence and the midfield while retaining possession, forming triangles for Hazard, Matic, Fabregas and Schurrle so that they don't lose possession and have an easy pass for when they're getting pressed hard.

He's a key player for us.

I think he's had a fantastic start to the season.

Oscar is essentially our Sergio Busquets (I'm not implying he's as good, because he's not) he recycles possession, moves the ball forward, linking the defence and the midfield while retaining possession, forming triangles for Hazard, Matic, Fabregas and Schurrle so that they don't lose possession and have an easy pass for when they're getting pressed hard.

He's a key player for us.

Weird comparison.

Wouldn't really say Oscar's a key player for us. He has an important role in our system but we've got Willian and Ramires that can play that role just as good (in their own way).

Weird comparison.

Wouldn't really say Oscar's a key player for us. He has an important role in our system but we've got Willian and Ramires that can play that role just as good (in their own way).

It's not a weird comparison, they have the exact same roles.

Ramires and Willian are not tactically smart enough for that role, in our team Oscar is the only one who can fulfill the role he does

Ramires and Willian are not tactically smart enough for that role, in our team Oscar is the only one who can fulfill the role he does

No they don't. Busquets is a DM tasked with sitting in front of the back four and protecting them. That's not something Oscar does.

Closest thing we have to a " Busquets" would be Matic. Different systems though, us and Barca. We play with a more fluid midfield while Barca play a more rigid midfield (role wise).

Ramires and Willian fit the role in their own way. Ramires offers more defensively but less going forward while Willian is probably the one that comes closest to the way Oscar plays that role. In comparison to Oscar i think Willian offers a little bit less in build up play but a little bit more going forward (ability to take on players, ...).

Think you're not giving Ramires and Willian enough credit. They really are just as good as Oscar in "that" role but like i said in their own way.

How can you compare a 6 to a 10?

They don't have the same roles.

Busquets is a holder who provides stability and balance, breaks up play and always offers himself to his team so they can play out from the back and retain possession etc. Oscar is a 10 who is shouldered with being a creative player in terms of making goals and assists and key passes. He also does the other work but hes not played as a 10 to be a defensive player is he? They are nothing alike. Sure they always make themselves available to their team mates but other than that they aren't similar in any way or have the same role in a team.

Anyway back to the contract situations. I believe players like Ramires, Cahill, Courtois and Hazard's renewals should be prioritized over Oscars right now.

Why every thread quickly becomes about Oscar? lol

I'm not criticizing this time around, just having a laugh.

We should rename all threads Oscar and oddly enough the subject on his own thread isn't him. LOL

Because I asked if we should extend him, or would he be expendable. And now people are discussing it, not much critcism going on. Don't make it bigger than it needs to be[emoji4]

On a side note, what about Ramires, will he be extended?

Because I asked if we should extend him, or would he be expendable. And now people are discussing it, not much critcism going on. Don't make it bigger than it needs to be[emoji4]

and the line where I wrote 'I'm not criticizing this time around, just having a laugh' isn't enough to say I was just joking/thinking it's funny?

I thought that would suffice... but I've been named the Oscar Brigade, so I can't joke anymore...

On a side note, what about Ramires, will he be extended?

I'd keep him around as a squad player at the very least...