Poll: Diego Costa the best striker in the world?

Parky

Best Striker in the World  

153 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you believe is the best Striker?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People really do overrate Ibra don't they! Yes he has scored special goals and goals some would never be able to do but that doesn't make him the best striker in the world!

I would take Aguero, Suarez, Lewandowski, Falcao (pre injury form) and Rvp (On Form) over him.

Ibra is d best so much that he shouldn't even be on that list. Aguero is next based on his versatility and winning 2 league titles in EPL(that's not easy). Costa is behind aguero in 3rd he also offers versatility and would probably have had a statue at athletico if he was fit and won the UCL instead of real madrid, costa is a winner. However I think suarez has the best potential but because he hasn't achieved anything he comes 4th for me due to his versatility and variety of goals.

Lewandowski is good but doesn't scare me, same for cavani, RVP. Falcao isn't top because he is a predator but not a versatile striker, as a predator he is the best considering finishing alone. Rooney, torres, higuain I don't care about, they are not as prolific as the others.

So ibra might not be a big game player but his mere presence is scary enough but smaller teams he gives nighmares and has a lot of trophies especially league titles to show as evidence. Technically and physically he is the best. He comes at No. 1

Aguero has great balance, technique, versatility and talent but also strength, helped unknown city to 2 Epl title, 1 more will equal our EpL trophys in the last decade. He comes at No. 2

Diego costa did for athletico what no other striker has done for them and they have had many great strikers. To beat the quality of barca and madrid to liga and nearly the UCL(which he was absent) makes him scary at No. 3 with potential to go up higher.

Suarez has shown great potentials which are only so because he has won nothing unfortunately. However a good player is a good player and he has some great scoring record in the EPL which is not easy but he has not shown enough in Big games too. He has classy goals in him and versatility but let's see how he does at barca (a big team). He is the best dribbler among the strikers and he comes at 4th.

People really do overrate Ibra don't they! Yes he has scored special goals and goals some would never be able do don't but that doesn't make him the best striker in the world!

I would take Aguero, Suarez, Lewandowski, Falcao (pre injury form) and Rvp (On Form) over him.

He's also sure to vanish in tough games, while Surez thrives in those.

He's also sure to vanish in tough games, while Surez thrives in those.

Suarez is unpredictable as hell. Take his crazyness away and he is best striker in the world. But he is what he is.

Rvp and Aguero get injured often, falcao and cavani never reached what was expected and Ibra is ghost in big games.

Strikers like Henry, Drogba, Van Nistelrooy, Raul, Ronaldo are what world class striker is all about. When the shit got real, they did the job. Not spending half season injured or playing in france. And they didnt do it for one or two seasons, but their entire career.

I think football in general become much more advanced and tactical, hence why we dont see as great CBs and strikers nowdays as we saw in past. Messi and Ronaldo are exceptions here.

Suarez is unpredictable as hell. Take his crazyness away and he is best striker in the world. But he is what he is.

Rvp and Aguero get injured often, falcao and cavani never reached what was expected and Ibra is ghost in big games.

Strikers like Henry, Drogba, Van Nistelrooy, Raul, Ronaldo are what world class striker is all about. When the shit got real, they did the job. Not spending half season injured or playing in france. And they didnt do it for one or two seasons, but their entire career.

I think football in general become much more advanced and tactical, hence why we dont see as great CBs and strikers nowdays as we saw in past. Messi and Ronaldo are exceptions here.

I don't find Suarez that unpredictable. It's all due to animal-like aggression, not malice.

Haven't seen a fantastic game by Ronaldo in a tough match just yet... perhaps against Sweden, but Sweden is hardly a tough opponent.

Agree about Drogba and RVN, but no Raul was just a good player in my book. Henry botched in a CL final for Arsenal, but did well for France.

Interesting... there is a article out on why defenders have become so expensive: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/premier-league/11076666/David-Luiz-Luke-Shaw-Eliaquim-Mangala-Dejan-Lovren-why-are-defenders-becoming-more-expensive.html

I don't find Suarez that unpredictable. It's all due to animal-like aggression, not malice.

Haven't seen a fantastic game by Ronaldo in a tough match just yet... perhaps against Sweden, but Sweden is hardly a tough opponent.

Agree about Drogba and RVN, but no Raul was just a good player in my book. Henry botched in a CL final for Arsenal, but did well for France.

Interesting... there is a article out on why defenders have become so expensive: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/premier-league/11076666/David-Luiz-Luke-Shaw-Eliaquim-Mangala-Dejan-Lovren-why-are-defenders-becoming-more-expensive.html

The main reason why clubs are spending crazy on defenders is that there arent many quality defenders around. But most of those who are branded quality, arent realy that good and clubs overpay for practicaly every defender out there. I would understand someone would splash cash on Silva, Kompany, Godin, Benatia etc, but how Shaw, Luiz, Chambers etc fit 20m+ worth baffles me. English or not, thats just crazy.

Also after so many failed english players bought, I would expect football clubs would start to realize that they aint worth the money. Yet they go and spend even more on them. I guess clubs are realy desperate to get some english cores in their squads.

That part with Lyon in your link reminded me just how brilliant they were few years ago. Juninho was outstanding. As was the rest of team. Essien, Abidal, Coupet, Malouda, Govou,...And now they are just some average team in france...though they have few realy promising players like Lacazette, Umtiti, Fafana, Ferri, Grenier etc...

The main reason why clubs are spending crazy on defenders is that there arent many quality defenders around. But most of those who are branded quality, arent realy that good and clubs overpay for practicaly every defender out there. I would understand someone would splash cash on Silva, Kompany, Godin, Benatia etc, but how Shaw, Luiz, Chambers etc fit 20m+ worth baffles me. English or not, thats just crazy.

Also after so many failed english players bought, I would expect football clubs would start to realize that they aint worth the money. Yet they go and spend even more on them. I guess clubs are realy desperate to get some english cores in their squads.

That part with Lyon in your link reminded me just how brilliant they were few years ago. Juninho was outstanding. As was the rest of team. Essien, Abidal, Coupet, Malouda, Govou,...And now they are just some average team in france...though they have few realy promising players like Lacazette, Umtiti, Fafana, Ferri, Grenier etc...

I reckon you are incorring into the (mostly) English mistake of assuming all defenders are alike in terms of characteristics. That, what they call "solid" is all that matters, even though evidence may tell you otherwise. Ignoring the overvaluation - (PSG) just assume DL was sold for the same amount we paid for him - the market is still giving us information about valuations as well as characteristics of the players who are sought after. That's what the article (I linked before) talks about...

PSG again is a bad exemple as they have to overpay for every player they acquire for a number of reasons - I'd assume their wages are just as inflated.

• 3 weeks later...

Am new to this forum and here's my opinion. Strikers are there to score goals and at this moment in time Costa has 8. Ahead of any other striker in a top European league. Is he te most technically gifted striker no, is he the best in the world at the moment for scoring goals Yes.

To have rvp in the poll list quite bamboozling as he's not hit the heights he did a few seasons back and I doubt he will again even and lvg.

Zlatan for a centre forward when on top form is almost unplayable and I'd have loved to have seen him lead our line.

KTBFFH

Costa due to the nature of his instinctive nature to score, plus his hard work off-the ball, which even though i have watched through YouTube video his eagerness to score a goal through any formal - spectacle or not. After all, it is goal-scoring that makes a striker good or bad. And, atm, Costa is making good on the money we spent!