Poll: Diego Costa the best striker in the world?

Parky

Best Striker in the World  

153 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you believe is the best Striker?

Zlatan is the best without a single doubt. There shouldn't even be a discussion. How is Suarez better than Ibra? He has 1 worldclass season and everyone goes bonkers. Ibra stayed at that level for about 6 years.

Zlatan isn't the best, he is seldom decisive in big matches. Where has he performed all over the years? At Eredivisie? Serie A? Ligue 1? The Italian league isn't that strong anymore and the Ligue 1 is just bad. Where was Zlatan in CL knockout matches? Where was Zlatan in EC/WC or even the qualifiers?

He's just a good striker and I do like him but he's really not that special.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zlatan isn't the best, he is seldom decisive in big matches. Where has he performed all over the years? At Eredivisie? Serie A? Ligue 1? The Italian league isn't that strong anymore and the Ligue 1 is just bad. Where was Zlatan in CL knockout matches? Where was Zlatan in EC/WC or even the qualifiers?

Um, when Zlatan played in Serie A it was arguably the best league in the world. He did well in Barca, while that lasted. He plays for Sweden, even Ronaldo (Brazilian) wouldn't be able to get them to the WC. Skill wise and consistency, Zlatan is the best.

i can understand suarez and zlatan getting more votes than aguero and cavani. but how does costa get more votes than those 2??

Costa is a Chelsea player, this thread is on a Chelsea forum. Makes sense.

Well, right now would you take Cavani and Aguero over Costa? I wouldn't.

seriously??? well each to his own!!! costa has had a perfect start to his CHELSEA career. but his performances for spain have been poor. strikers like aguero and cavani are regarded as the best in the world for a reason.

seriously??? well each to his own!!! costa has had a perfect start to his CHELSEA career. but his performances for spain have been poor. strikers like aguero and cavani are regarded as the best in the world for a reason.

Pretty sure you know my thoughts on Cavani. Aguero is so injury prone it's unreal.

Seriously? You're gonna talk about his performances for Spain? He doesn't fit in there. Is Hazard not a top 10 winger cause of his performances with Belgium?

Pretty sure you know my thoughts on Cavani. Aguero is so injury prone it's unreal.

Seriously? You're gonna talk about his performances for Spain? He doesn't fit in there. Is Hazard not a top 10 winger cause of his performances with Belgium?

and that is why he is not the best in the world!!! he is a top 10 winger not the best.

costa is a top 10 (maybe 5) striker but not the best.

right now, we simply cant comment on anyone else being injury prone when costa himself seems to be having an injury after every match.

look at cavani and his versitality. plays on the wing for psg, still gives 20 goals. can play as a second striker or up top. thats what makes you a top or the best striker in the world.

In my opinion, there's no such thing as a better striker than Ibrahimovic. The man is a beast. It's a shame that he hasn't won the UCL trophy yet. Regardless, I really think that Costa has the potential to become the best, considering his age.

What has Suarez done in big games? What has he won?

I can comfertably say Ibrahimovic is the best player on that list. It is unfair for numerous reasons for him to be on the list, especially since his body of work is so much greater then all of those players, we are talking about arguably 10 years considered one of the best at his positions and still in fine form. After Messi and Ronaldo, Zlaten will be remembered as the best and gifted forward of his generation.

Second on the list for me is Suarez. For all the fuss about Ibra CL and international goal scoring/performance, few things should be mentioned about Suarez l. Suarez performance against top EPL sides has left a lot to be desired, and he has not even take great part in the biggest club competition in the world. Still think he is the runaway second on that list.

It is a shame Aguero cant stay healthy, i would love to see what he can achieve if he stay stayed on the field. Been injured and inconsistent last two seasons.

Where is Sturridge on the list, not saying he is the best but i would definitely take him over a few on that list.

Without saying if Costa has another season like last season, he would make an argument as arguably the best striker in the world.