Poll: Diego Costa the best striker in the world?

Parky

Best Striker in the World  

153 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you believe is the best Striker?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He may operate in a striker position but he doesn't really operate like a striker, like those named in the poll. Would classify him using a more generic term - forward.

Same could be said for Ibra and Suarez. Suarez last season lined up behind Sturidge at times and played on the left or right. Ibra drops back play in the hole to connect PSG midfield and attackers.

I want to remember you guys about Negredo last season. He started really well for City, he was also called a beast, and at the end of the season Spain had to ask a brazilian to lead their attack because Negredo wasn't even good enough to make the squad.

Cant believe RVP hasn't had 1 vote lol. He had a great season under Ferguson and had a good world cup.

Yea Costa is only 25. Lets see him in another year or two..

He's been injured to often lately. I would never take RVP over Costa.

TBH, the question in the thread title and poll is somewhat vague. When you ask who is the best striker at the moment, do you judge him just by the amount of goals he scored? If so, then Falcao probably wins it. But if you're judging it by their overall game and not just the goals, then Falcao shouldn't even be in consideration and Ibrahimovic and Suarez will arguably be the Top 2 in that regard.

As good as Falcao is his stats are heavily inflated by penalties. This is quite interesting:

falcao1113.png

Zlatan is heads and shoulders above his peers in the striker category as outrageous as that might sound considering suarez and aguero. . . He has the technical ability of a world class attacking midfielder in a centre forwards body, doesn't get more complete than that plus guarantees league titles wherever he goes. modern day Marco Van basten.

Costa is comfortably the third best player on the list. And I mean that as an absolute positive as Ibra and Suarez are top 5 undoubtedly.

I don't know if some don't want to jinx on here, which is ridiculous in itself, but Costa is a superior player to Falcao and RVP. Take a look what this guy does leading a team as the front man. He takes out two all time great teams in Real Madrid and Barcelona to win the league, and not to mention he is 5 minutes away from being a champion of Europe against a mega team like Real with infinite cash...

Can RVP or Falcao say that? No.

Falcao is a good player, so is RVP, but some acting as if Costa has only been doing this for 3 games, and just for us are greatly mistaken. Neither of them have ever been as good as Costa last season, and it will simply become more apparent as the formalities of waiting for him to put a string of consistent seasons together before crowning him so. Same thing happens with all the great players. Just the formalities of paying respect to the players who have already done it in some sense.

Costa has already put up a season better than RVP and Falcao could, and they sure as hell aren't getting any younger or better.

Arguing about who is the very best is always a bit hard and usually just ends up being silly, but I will say I doubt there's anyone that fits Chelsea better than Diego Costa does, so for Chelsea he is the best.

Suarez for me easily. He carried a boring and mediocre at best team to the top. And it's a great accomplishment because he did it in the most challenging league.

Absolutely. But Zlatan has been right there in the top ever since he broke into the first team at Juve. Class apart.