Loïc Rémy

SeB

Better take your time looking at the right players then waste time looking at them all.

It's not about looking at players it's about watching football. If you didn't saw much of Remy, why you're talking about him? I personally do watch the French league so I know Remy and I think he can be a good fit for us.

And what players are "right" in your opinion?

It's not about looking at players it's about watching football. If you didn't saw much of Remy, why you're talking about him? I personally do watch the French league so I know Remy and I think he can be a good fit for us.

I've seen a number of French League games, particularly Marseille & PSG matches and I have to say, Remy is a decent player but he'll be nothing more than a stop-gap solution.

I think we should see how Sturridge performs at CF with the likes of Hazard, Oscar, Mata feeding him wonderful passes before we try to sign a 2nd/3rd choice striker in January.

The players that are right for us and will suit the champions of Europe are only 2, Falcao and Cavani.We should only get the cherry of the talents - Hazard, Oscar.And only the best proved players, just like Barca and Real de Madrid.

"he can be a good fit for us." is not good enough.

Ofcourse if RDM thinks he will be good for our squad ill back him.

Just your way of posting "facts" to suit your opinion doesn't touch me at all.With some of your facts you made Malouda the best player in EPL which is hilarious, considering the fact that Downing was also there at number 3, what was that chart really ?Malouda and Downing the first and the third best players in EPL please..Now you try to make Loic Remy (who ?) with 1381731 sentences look like world class player.. NO, just NO.Your good at essays thats for sure but football ?

At least @SeB, provides proper posts with his reasons why he's believes something. not one liners saying "Hes shit", "Not Chelsea material"

Tell me, what is Chelsea material?..

At least @SeB, provides proper posts with his reasons why he's believes something. not one liners saying "Hes shit", "Not Chelsea material"

Tell me, what is Chelsea material?..

And let the ass kiss begin. Are we really getting into a debate is Loic Remy Chelsea material ? How many words are you going to advice me to use for a player who is obviously "Not Chelsea material", why should I waste my time describing something that obvious..

Like I've said it's pointless to sign someone who is 25 y/o to be a Torres back up we have Lukaku on loan - we won't play with 2 strikers up top with the current players we possess - and Remy for 15 million pounds is not a good value considering the type of forward we need.

Any parallels between Remy and Drogba are ill advised - Drogba had lead OM to a victory in the Europa/UEFA Cup before signing with us and he had far too many qualities that interested Jose. Compare Remy to other French League forwards who have recently come to England - Giroud; Maiga; Chamakh; Gervinho etc not exactly good track records. We need someone proven in Europe, rather than a striker banging goals in lesser leagues - hell Remy isn't even that prolific.

The players that are right for us and will suit the champions of Europe are only 2, Falcao and Cavani.We should only get the cherry of the talents - Hazard, Oscar.And only the best proved players, just like Barca and Real de Madrid.

"he can be a good fit for us." is not good enough.

Ofcourse if RDM thinks he will be good for our squad ill back him.

But we are talking about January, and "Loic Remy or Falcao" is realy not the question to ask. if you dont belive what Atletico's general manager said (that they wont sell him in Jan for sure), than you probably gonna be very disappointed. There is no point for them to sell in the middle of the season, none, its not even like the player wants to move in january (like Torres did). Atletico could get the same amount of money in the summer, even more.

And i dont agree that we need to get only the players who known has the best. Thats a stupid idea. Squad players are important, and Real and Barca get those players also. And those players can prove they are better than what you thought. If you belive to the rummurs, RDM did want him in the summer.

Love some of the blatantly obvious gloryhunters and plastics on this thread who say that only the likes of Cavani and Falcao are Chelsea material. There is something called taking a risk on a player? Its not Football Manager or FIFA where you can just spend £50m on a player when you feel like it. Mata was a good player when we got him. he wasn't one of the world's best quite but he was good. We could have spent £60m on Di Maria instead because he played for Real Madrid and therefore must have been 'Chelsea material'. Just because a player has a massive price tag, does not necessarily mean that they are better.

SeB who is going to cross?

Who in our current squad actually gets down to the byline and crosses.

Ivanovic is our best crosser of the ball, it's a pointless ploy - our squad as I've said earlier is not build for crossing - and it's pointless to do it if you only have one target in the box.

Why are we interested in a 25 year old who can improve, you think he would come here and magically improve against far better defenders than the one he faces in League One

Bring in a 18-23 y/o - "he could improve". At 25 years a player whose main assets are speed and heading ability cannot improve drastically and Remy would need to improve drastically if he is to be a part of the Champions of Europe - because currently there is no way I'd rate him higher potentially to Sturridge and Lukaku.

Love some of the blatantly obvious gloryhunters and plastics on this thread who say that only the likes of Cavani and Falcao are Chelsea material. There is something called taking a risk on a player? Its not Football Manager or FIFA where you can just spend £50m on a player when you feel like it. Mata was a good player when we got him. he wasn't one of the world's best quite but he was good. We could have spent £60m on Di Maria instead because he played for Real Madrid and therefore must have been 'Chelsea material'. Just because a player has a massive price tag, does not necessarily mean that they are better.

Mata was not a "good player" he was Valencia's best player at the time we signed him. There is a difference between being Valencia's best player and being a first team player in the French League.

My point is that we should not sign a player who would not be an improvement to what we already have within our squad - Lukaku and Sturridge. If you feel that makes me a gloryhunter that's fine by me.

Nobody is saying that?

If money was the clue to how great a player was, then both Sheva and Torres would have been world beaters...

If I had the choice, I would choose Falcao over Remy.

I'm not saying Remy is a bad player, but just prefer Falcao - admittedly had limited exposure to both via TV and never in person...

Just nervous about our all eggs in one basket approach. Most top teams have 4 strikers, we have 1.5 (Torres and Studge - who despite promise, IS NOT proven there for CFC, sure he played well for Bolton, but they ain't CFC) I'm dismissing Piazon completely here as think he's fr the future...

Football forums are so pointless really, how to argue with some1 is Loic Remy Chelsea material.How much more obvious it should be that HE ISN'T and not after 13713017703 words, 13618 sentences, 13434 false facts you will prove the opposite.He is fuking mediocre player in some 2nd rate league HOW THE FUCK IS HE SUPPOSED TO DO WELL HERE ? get a fuking grip.

Don't see why we shouldn't press ahead with this deal if he is less than 12 million euros. Ok hes not Falcao, hes not Messi, hes not anything great in particular I even said I don't think hes great a few pages back but for a back up and as SeB posted up his strike rate despite not playing centrally is similar to Sturridge's from last season so why not? Point is if we get an injury to Torres and Sturridge plays utter bollocks we are fucked (yes we are fucked without Torres somehow :Goober:), nobody has seen Sturridge play as a CF in this current Chelsea side he could play there and be utter bullshit as well for all we know. Lemy has a bit of experience compared to Sturridge, which isn't vitally important but it could be. Lemy has led the line plenty of times before in big games where as Sturridge hasn't. Sturridge's attributes suit a winger more imo right now but he won't get picked there because we effectively have a wingless formation. Its not just about getting 3 world class strikers in the whole time to rotate them, maybe we need a okish player who is willing to sit on the bench for a while and do a job when called upon, who remembers Salomon Kalou with his important last minute goals? Point is if he's available on a cheapish price we should take a gamble. I'm not necessarily saying quantity over quality I'm just saying that there were rumblings about big clubs watching Remy a few years back, what's so different now hes a few years older? Surely he'd only be better?