Loïc Rémy

SeB

Olympique are top of Ligue 1, while Remy has played in 5 matches mostly as a substitute and hasn't got a single goal or assist to his name - so I'm not sure why we are looking at him last year he played 27 matches as a starter and has 12 goals in Ligue 1 - don't see how that would translate into the EPL.

If we are looking at a striker to be a back up to Torres, we should aim a little higher than this guy - don't see him being a better option for us than Lukaku or Sturridge.

But overall he scored 20 goals in 42 games, for a side that finished 10th in Ligue 1. This is very good. This season he's benched because he got injured and Gignac got his place, and for now he's doing good. If Sturridge wont succeed in the next few monts I think Remy will be a great adittion to the squad. but most of you wouldnt, as you still think Falcao in January is possible. When we'll start talking about real candidates (again, for me its in case Sturridge wont deliver, or Torres will be very bad), i think Remy is one of the best options, and i think he'll fits into our game.

In Liga 1 he had 12 goals in 29 appearances(5 goals in the French Cups where OM didn't even make it to a final), he has a history of injury problems is already 25 year old - I don't see how he would be any type of upgrade to Lukaku and Sturridge.

But overall he scored 20 goals in 42 games, for a side that finished 10th in Ligue 1. This is very good. This season he's benched because he got injured and Gignac got his place, and for now he's doing good. If Sturridge wont succeed in the next few monts I think Remy will be a great adittion to the squad. but most of you wouldnt, as you still think Falcao in January is possible. When we'll start talking about real candidates (again, for me its in case Sturridge wont deliver, or Torres will be very bad), i think Remy is one of the best options, and i think he'll fits into our game.

Sturridge will only be able to deliver when he gets the chance to play for us as a center forward.

You expect me to react on that? :clown:

Just your way of posting "facts" to suit your opinion doesn't touch me at all.With some of your facts you made Malouda the best player in EPL which is hilarious, considering the fact that Downing was also there at number 3, what was that chart really ?Malouda and Downing the first and the third best players in EPL please..Now you try to make Loic Remy (who ?) with 1381731 sentences look like world class player.. NO, just NO.Your good at essays thats for sure but football ?

Just your way of posting "facts" to suit your opinion doesn't touch me at all.With some of your facts you made Malouda the best player in EPL which is hilarious, considering the fact that Downing was also there at number 3, what was that chart really ?Malouda and Downing the first and the third best players in EPL please..Now you try to make Loic Remy (who ?) with 1381731 sentences look like world class player.. NO, just NO.Your good at essays thats for sure but football ?

Exactly, i don't know what scout actually uses statistics to cover a player.

Yay, another debate to disagree!

To be fair, OM's current form has nothing to do with logic, Elie Baup worked miracles for what will be a short period before Marseille will fall into the midtable.

Look at the first messages of the thread, he's a genuine potential to unleash in he air and to finish. He's pacy and his runs are good, he can cut crosses from wherever he plays on the pitch. Would be a perfect partnership (not direct) with Torres like the Benzema-Ronaldo one at Madrid: Torres leaving his position and works on the left, Remy cutting inside to bang goals.

You can not be convinced by some of his abilities but he's genuinly good figures and may be one of the very best heading players in Europe at the moment

A partnership with Torres is completely out of the question - we have Oscar; Mata and Hazard and all three must play when we want to have our strongest 11 out there. I don't know a single person on this board that would want to drop one of those three players in order for Remy to form a partnership with Torres.

We have pacy players already as options and we won't play too many crosses with the current system which compacts players into the middle of the pitch as we look for quick combinations on the edge of the box. What we should get is either a poacher to finish off chances setup by our fab3 or a player to play with his back of the goal and hold up the ball for the likes of Mata; Hazard; Oscar.

Exactly, i don't know what scout actually uses statistics to cover a player.

Liverpool's former scout Mr. Damien Comolli used statistics, made three of the worst signings in the premier league of recent times and then got the sack. :D

I'll be glad if Remy doesn't come to Chelsea.