Loïc Rémy

SeB

What the hell is wrong with some people on this forum? fucking slating a player after 1 start....

Either we say he's experienced and PL-tried, in which case we've seen plenty of him, or we give him a break because it's his first start.

He's not a youngster.

I agree it's premature to criticize him as a Chelsea player, but I've seen plenty of him before, and to me as well, yes he's average.

LOL. So what gifts does Demba Ba possess? Does't seem like the most agile player, nor the fastest. He's certainly not the strongest or the most technical... So what are these gifts you are referring to?

More physical, better goalscorer, better hold up play, superior movement, big game player and his volleys are probably the best in the World.

Remy has world class pace and a good strike, but Ba has better holdup play, stronger/taller and vision.

Remy is a perfect counter attacking player, but when teams park the bus, Remy contribution will be little if any.

Still a good signing considering the choices available.

Remy has world class pace and a good strike, but Ba has better holdup play, stronger/taller and vision.

Remy is a perfect counter attacking player, but when teams park the bus, Remy contribution will be little if any.

Still a good signing considering the choices available.

Put him on the wings and he can do a job in that situation.

I would put Ba and Remy in same bracket honestly.

Looking at their careers, Ba for now was more impressive IMO.

Despite I wasnt realy for this move, you cant just slate Remy after one game ffs. He scored on debut and will probably do his job in next games. One thing is certain he is better than current drogba but still seems to be only third choice and that should be disscussion, not if he is better than Ba.

• 2 weeks later...

Thought Remy played really well today. He linked well with the players around him and was very positive on the ball. Solid performance and better than his game against Bolton.

I think he didn't link up so well. He was dispossessed or passed badly in a few occasions. In the second he improved some, but in the first, I thought he was quite erratic.

Kind of what I expected really, good enough to fill in when and where but I can't see him giving Costa many sleepless nights worrying about his place.

Personally I would have preferred we kept Eto'o as number two, however cant complain given it looked for a while that Torres would have still been here.

I think he didn't link up so well. He was dispossessed or passed badly in a few occasions. In the second he improved some, but in the first, I thought he was quite erratic.

He made some errors but I wasn't expecting a 100% pass completion. He made the right decision more often than not and was made some good driving runs with the ball. The turn and pass to Fabregas in the second half in particular was brilliant and very nearly led to a goal.