Loïc Rémy

SeB

And Remy, who scored France's only goal in the 1-0 win over Spain last week, said: "I did not understand myself. A problem during the medical examination? I do not know. They put it, that must be it.

"In my head, I quite wanted to stay at QPR, but I did not hesitate one second to many reasons: for my room for improvement, for my confidence, in terms of level of demand and Chelsea is one of the best clubs in the world. I'm happy to have signed for a club like this.

"I know I'm not going to be the first striker, but nothing is set. I have goals. By signing here, I did not say it was to stay on the sidelines. I will try to move up alongside great players. The rest will happen naturally."

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/398469/Chelsea-forward-Loic-Remy-BAFFLED-as-to-why-his-Liverpool-move-collapsed

What?

"I didn’t get any congratulations from Diego Costa after the Spain game," added Remy.

"Their players were angry, and went straight back to their dressing-room. I didn’t get a congratulatory text from Jose Mourinho either!"

interview after match Spain-France...

"I didn’t get any congratulations from Diego Costa after the Spain game," added Remy.

"Their players were angry, and went straight back to their dressing-room. I didn’t get a congratulatory text from Jose Mourinho either!"

Why should he be congratulated? Scoring goals is his job. To use Balotelli's brilliant analogy. Noone congratulates a postman when he delivers the mail.

Further to my post before, the actual quote was "Un texto de félicitation de Mourinho ? Non plus" so he was clearly asked if he had received a congratulatory text from Mourinho. English translations are often misleading. This isn't a big deal though.

Link? Because that sounds very made-up.

Remy: “I know I won’t start out as first-choice striker at Chelsea, but nothing is set in stone. I have my aims.

“I didn’t sign for them in order to sit on the bench. I will try to improve as much as I can alongside their great players, and the rest will happen naturally.”

I like this mentality. We need competition in every position so players wouldn't become comfortable. No player should be untouchable.

I don't understand why any of you would get hung-up on this stuff. Whether or not something is verifiably part of an interview, the language used, etc. etc., we often do not get the complete context nor body language, tone, etc. of each and every interaction out there.

Loic Remy has, right now, a clean slate until I see him on the pitch for CFC.

Try not to be bored and overly-obsessed, please.