Loïc Rémy

SeB

Ummm what?

Why are you looking for competition? Costa is rightfully earning the shirt! 32m reasons why he should be given every chance to succeed!

Remy was bought as cover, not as someone we would expect to displace our big signing! If he does, that's BONUS!

The key to the season is and will always be Costa, if he goes down we're pretty much screwed no matter who we acquire and yes that includes Destro or Welbeck(WTF???)

Why are you even mentioning Welbeck? Remy is light years ahead of him.

I was referring to posts on this thread - such as the one immediately above mine. :blink:

It's clear some here are suddenly (or not) big fans of Remy. Well, I am not! He's a decent player who vanished one too many times while I watched.

It's really a binary thing: either he provides cover for costa or he does not - we shall see.

However, if he manages to provide competition for Costa, again, like some here have suggested, then I'd be very disappointed in Costa.

I was referring to posts on this thread - such as the one immediately above mine. :blink:

It's clear some here are suddenly (or not) big fans of Remy. Well, I am not! He's a decent player who vanished one too many times while I watched.

It's really a binary thing: either he provides cover for costa or he does not - we shall see.

However, if he manages to provide competition for Costa, again, like some here have suggested, then I'd be very disappointed in Costa.

Just out of curiosity who were you hoping we'd sign as a back up?

The reason why Remy is COVER is because he isn't a bonafide consistent performer, if he were we'd be paying treble what we did like Diego Costa...

The money paid vs. the prem league record he has makes this signing incredible. Whether he fits in here is anyone's guess but no one can blame the board for taking a £10.5m punt on a 27yr old forward who scored 14 in 26 games as a cover guy.

It makes too much sense.

Welback is 23 so he can and should improve. By how much? That's the waging part if that deal.

Remy is or should be at his peak right now. Decent player but there is no fucking way in hell he is competition for costa.

I don't rate Welbeck that high as you did. Check his stats, even Giroud is much better than him in my opinion. Yes in MU he is play out of position, but he doesn't used to play as a lead striker, so it is a big gamble by Wenger there. It could work well, but maybe it couldn't. Once Giroud fit again, I think he will play out of position again, or even worse sit on the bench.

Remy just what we need at the moment, like you said, a striker at his peak. Having good season last year and he is join us, well realized that Costa is the 1st choice striker.

This is my third and final form, DIDIERFOREVER MODE!

• 8m isnt cheap bro
  • 14 gls in 26 gms? what is this???????!! i need at least 30 goals,,
  • no bro he wants da money!!!
  • hes a rapeist
  • no bro i told u already he wants da money!!!!
  • how do u know that bro??? > :(
  • yeah but so can torres!!!
  • destro is more expensiver bro that means hes better bro!!!!!!!!
  • torres is better bro!!!!!

WE CAN NOT WIN THE LEAGUE WITHOUT FALCAAOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

*will answer your post later bluelyon, didn't want to double post

This is hilarious laughingsmiley001.gif

Just out of curiosity who were you hoping we'd sign as a back up?

The reason why Remy is COVER is because he isn't a bonafide consistent performer, if he were we'd be paying treble what we did like Diego Costa...

The money paid vs. the prem league record he has makes this signing incredible. Whether he fits in here is anyone's guess but no one can blame the board for taking a £10.5m punt on a 27yr old forward who scored 14 in 26 games as a cover guy.

It makes too much sense.

Why are you so sure Remy was a bargain?! Was he a bargain or it was just his valuation? Remember Demba Ba? People called him a bargain and I was never as enthusiastic about him - decent player just like Remy. About the same price too...

There would be too many alternatives to list...

City lost Aguero for most of last season and won it with Dzeko playing a pivotal role in their title win. Some have argued we cannot have a top striker on the bench, but Dzeko spent a lot of time on the bench when Aguero was fit, and it's up to the manager to earn his fat paycheck and keep the stars happy.

We will be 100% reliant on Costa as I don't think Remy can remotely come close to him and Drogba is not looking sharp at all.

Hey if Costa plays regularly throughout the season, then Remy can indeed become a good signing, a cover like you say, but that's a bet other teams aren't willing to make. If Costa picks up a long-term injury, say a couple of months, then Remy automatically becomes our lead striker...

I don't rate Welbeck that high as you did. Check his stats, even Giroud is much better than him in my opinion. Yes in MU he is play out of position, but he doesn't used to play as a lead striker, so it is a big gamble by Wenger there. It could work well, but maybe it couldn't. Once Giroud fit again, I think he will play out of position again, or even worse sit on the bench.

Remy just what we need at the moment, like you said, a striker at his peak. Having good season last year and he is join us, well realized that Costa is the 1st choice striker.

I don't rate Welbeck that highly either, just realize he is still 23. BTW, they are all bets, Remy as well. Arsenal already have Sanchez and Giroud, so there won;t be that much pressure on Welbeck.

Remy's shots go in more often than Welbeck's, which is what the stats show. However, as Welbeck develops, his finishing may improve, and he may become a better attacker. He's still 23 and there is time for him to improve. He's not a quack and seems to be able to play footy; has nice physique and pace. I owuldn't rule him out as easily as others here have.

Oh well, all left now is to hope our bet works out for us and/or Costa remains fit.

Why are you so sure Remy was a bargain?! Was he a bargain or it was just his valuation? Remember Demba Ba? People called him a bargain and I was never as enthusiastic about him - decent player just like Remy. About the same price too...

Ba was bought to be a main striker though, Remy isn't. He's very much second-choice.

We will be 100% reliant on Costa as I don't think Remy can remotely come close to him and Drogba is not looking sharp at all.

I disagree. I don't think Drogba has the legs to start a game anymore, but is fantastic as an impact sub in certain matches. Remy on the other hand is more than capable of starting matches in the league cup, FA Cup, Champions League group matches and some league matches.

Remy has never played in a team as good as our's either. He's never had someone like Fabregas or Hazard playing balls through for him, so I'm actually quite excited to see just what he can produce.

Its funny how people looks to City as the answer when it comes to strikers and winning when we finished 4pts behind them with absolutely nothing up front. City isn't the blueprint when it comes to buying, they are exactly what you try to avoid ESPECIALLY during FFP which they have been sanctioned for violating!

Why don't you try naming three available strikers who you would think would be adequate cover for Costa, I would love to hear what you think is a reasonable cover buy. As far as Remy goes he scored 14 times in this league last year without the weapons we can put around him to provide space. 14 goals in 26 games is an exceptional strike rate, and one that if replicated with Chelsea would be PRECISELY what we need in a secondary strike option. One paper you don't think he checks all the boxes?

- Cheap

- Excellent Prem scoring record

- Prime years

- Offers something different to what we have

- Can play another position

That's all I need, I don't know about you.

When you can come up with 3 names that are suitable cover guys we can carry on with this...

agree with everything you have said. he was a good buy and would be a good back up option.

buying welbeck (who i dont think is a goal-scorer and barely any better than remy) for 16mil (or more) would have been poor. same i think goes for chicha. except for that, there were not many options available, specially for the amount of 10mil, and as good as remy.

the only name i can come up with is bony. admitted that he would have been 20+mil. but feel with the luiz and lukaku deals, we could have afforded to go bigger. nonetheless, remy will make do perfectly.

agree with everything you have said. he was a good buy and would be a good back up option.

buying welbeck (who i dont think is a goal-scorer and barely any better than remy) for 16mil (or more) would have been poor. same i think goes for chicha. except for that, there were not many options available, specially for the amount of 10mil, and as good as remy.

the only name i can come up with is bony. admitted that he would have been 20+mil. but feel with the luiz and lukaku deals, we could have afforded to go bigger. nonetheless, remy will make do perfectly.

What does Bony offer that we don't already have? 25m? for a guy who will start in a handful of games and doesn't offer a plan B? would Bony be comfortable not starting a lot of games? does his game require he play all the time to keep match fitness? All of these questions are the ones that I need answered when looking at a bench player.

Ba was bought to be a main striker though, Remy isn't. He's very much second-choice.

I disagree. I don't think Drogba has the legs to start a game anymore, but is fantastic as an impact sub in certain matches. Remy on the other hand is more than capable of starting matches in the league cup, FA Cup, Champions League group matches and some league matches.

Remy has never played in a team as good as our's either. He's never had someone like Fabregas or Hazard playing balls through for him, so I'm actually quite excited to see just what he can produce.

I am not disagreeing he can do what you say above; what I am pointing out is that come Feb/March and Costa is unavailable for a long stretch - it could cost us silverware.

Its funny how people look to City as the answer when it comes to strikers and winning when we finished 4pts behind them with absolutely nothing up front. City isn't the blueprint when it comes to buying, they are exactly what you try to avoid ESPECIALLY during FFP which they have been sanctioned for violating!

Why don't you try naming three available strikers who you would think would be adequate cover for Costa, I would love to hear what you think is a reasonable cover buy. As far as Remy goes he scored 14 times in this league last year without the weapons we can put around him to provide space. 14 goals in 26 games is an exceptional strike rate, and one that if replicated with Chelsea would be PRECISELY what we need in a secondary strike option. One paper you don't think he checks all the boxes?

- Cheap

- Excellent Prem scoring record

- Prime years

- Offers something different to what we have

- Can play another position

That's all I need, I don't know about you.

When you can come up with 3 names that are suitable cover guys we can carry on with this...

First City won the league having their own problems - like their best striker missing for most of the season?!

All of the above aplied to Demba Ba as well.

Do City care about cheap or not? While I also find commendable that the club is abiding by the FFP, FFP rules only work if all abide by them. Otherwise it could give a competitive advantage to who doesn't.

It's not a horrible signing by any stretch and I am not against it. However, I just don't see reason to be as enthusastic about it as most here are. Well, perhaps this is just my way to cope with the possibility of disappointment.