Loïc Rémy

SeB

I wouldn't mind him here at all, although i'm a bit skeptical with his injuries... he's also very wasteful, he needs a few chances before scoring.

Don't be too worried about injuries. He has averaged 39,25 games per season for the last four seasons. I know this probably doesn't mean too much regarding injuries but is kind of reassuring.

To put things into perspective:

Average matches played in the last four seasons over all competitions:

Lionel Messi = 54.75

Javier Zanetti = 50.75

Frank Lampard = 47.25

Ashley Cole = 42.25

Fernando Torres = 40.5

Loic Rémy = 39.25

Franck Ribery = 36

Arjen Robben = 31.75

Alex Pato = 30.75

Tomas Rosicky = 26.25

Louis Saha = 24.25

Owen Hargreaves = 2.5

Don't be too worried about injuries. He has averaged 39,25 games per season for the last four seasons. I know this probably doesn't mean too much regarding injuries but is kind of reassuring.

Loic Rémy = 39.25

Alex Pato = 30.75

Pato was injured lot for past two seasons, but he still got average of 30 games. This list is helpless if you want to see how injury prone is the player.

And sub-appearances are included too?

30 games per season sounds impossible for Pato :?

Where are Ronaldo, Iniesta,...?

That is for all competitions. Pato has played 42 + 30 + 33 + 18 games in the last four seasons, averaging 30,75 / season.

Iniesta is at 48,0 and Ronaldo at 46,75. All this is from wikipedia so there may be something wrong with the numbers, but you'll get the idea.

Personally I wouldn't go as far as call Remy an injury-prone player because since moving to Nice where he first started getting regular first-team football, he has played 29-34 games in the league every season. Injury prone players don't play that much.

Pato was injured lot for past two seasons, but he still got average of 30 games. This list is helpless if you want to see how injury prone is the player.

And sub-appearances are included too?

Not the last two just the last season. He was very important for Milan during the Scudetto win of 11/12. He still got injured once or twice but still managed most of their games.

But yes thanks for marginalising my effort as useless or helpless as you put it.

Spurs have Defoe and Adebayor, they actually don't need him as much as we do lol.

We have Torres, Sturridge and Lukaku's on loan. When Romelu comes back next season we'd have 4 strikers for one position, all which are pretty young. No point in that IMO.

Tottenham on the other hand only have Adebayor and Defoe. Defoe is at the end of his career so Remy would definitely be needed more over there.

I can't see it happening personally. The club won't go for him because we don't really need him.

We have Torres, Sturridge and Lukaku's on loan. When Romelu comes back next season we'd have 4 strikers for one position, all which are pretty young. No point in that IMO.

Tottenham on the other hand only have Adebayor and Defoe. Defoe is at the end of his career so Remy would definitely be needed more over there.

I can't see it happening personally. The club won't go for him because we don't really need him.

Defoe is only 29, so definitely not at the end of his career lol.

And my reasoning for saying we need him more than them - they have Defoe and Adebayor, two pretty good strikers with a lot of experience.

We have just Torres and Sturridge - who no one knows if he wants to stay or not, and has just 1 year left on his contract.

SSN saying SPUDS have pulled out... (that's a weird farming joke I guess...)

So we might end up with him - feel like Danny is off to the 'Pool tho... what a shame....

Now they're saying Tottenham have had a bid rejected by Marseille. AVB you fucking lying cunt. :rant:

Now they're saying Tottenham have had a bid rejected by Marseille. AVB you fucking lying cunt. :rant:

To be fair - AVB has about as much input into Spurs Transfers as you or me - it's Levy's money and he does the deals directly... AVB's opinion is like tits on a fish - not needed :)