Loïc Rémy

SeB

City were only interested in him because they thought the Sinclair deal would not materialise. Now they have got him, I believe they wont be in for Remy. Its between Spurs and chelsea. With the rumours that Levy is gone to France, maybe we have just missed on him at 15m pounds.... unless Emenalo has everything in control again.

Fucking Spuds are putting together a good team. If they click they can really be up in the Top 4. Which is bad for Arsenal because I can't see us finishing outside the Top 4 either. In fact we're almost locked in for top 3. Anyway as I have said, I don't see us signing anyone on deadline day. I think we've sensibly (for once) wrapped up all our business. Getting someone like Remy will be a bonus.

Well if SSN are to be believed, and Levy is in Marseille as we speak, it could force Chelsea's/City's hand. Frankly, I don't see him joining us - Is he one of our first choice targets? I don't think so.

This is how I see things:

1. Hulk: Porto screw around too much and their demands are far too high.

2. André Schurrle: Interest is very real but Bayer Leverkusen have told Chelsea not to make another bid. He is not for sale period.

3. Loic Rémy: Third choice, Marseille are willing to sell and woudl cost about €18+ Million.

I really want this to happen.

Really? Hazard, Oscar, Marin, Moses is nothing to you then?

That's not what I meant. I don't mind that we didn't get them, I'm annoyed that a team we're directly competing with for a CL spot is after them and may get them.

I like Remy, but this is just a panic buy as far as I'm concerned. Robbie is still clearly not sold by Nando.

I think he is the third choice after failing to land Schurrle or Hulk. Always in the plans but only as a last resort.

That's not what I meant. I don't mind that we didn't get them, I'm annoyed that a team we're directly competing with for a CL spot is after them and may get them.

Well we can't stop other teams from strengthening. We just need to get the players we need and we have done that with top quality players like Hazard, Oscar and to lesser extents Marin and Moses. We're better than Spurs no matter who (realistic targets) they sign really.

AVB at Spurs press conference: "Loic Remy is not joining Spurs"

Let's hope he's not bullshitting us and they have indeed dropped out of the race. They have only recently bought Adebayor and today they also extended Defoe's contract so maybe they are not in the market for a striker after all. Can't see Man City signing him either after agreeing a fee for Sinclair earlier today so if Spurs are out that leaves only Chelsea or stay at Marseille. Having followed the speculation surrounding Azpilicueta's transfer I know that Marseille need the money and they could be tempted to sell him to us even at a cut price if no one else is interested.