Loïc Rémy

SeB

What does Bony offer that we don't already have? 25m? for a guy who will start in a handful of games and doesn't offer a plan B? would Bony be comfortable not starting a lot of games? does his game require he play all the time to keep match fitness? All of these questions are the ones that I need answered when looking at a bench player.

its not just about bony playing only when costa is injured or has to be rested. its also about giving costa a fight for his space. any and every striker in the world will go thru a rough patch. even messi did last season. in such a scenario, bony would have be a great inclusion.

also, bony is technically superior than remy. has a higher ceiling and would have been more than just a stop gap and probably even a good long term 2nd striker solution. 25mil is a LOT. no doubt. but with bony it would probably have been worth the risk.

Compare ourselves to people who similarly only have 1 lead striker in their system - Real for example. Who do they have as back up to Benzema? That's right - Hernandez.

Exactly. Bayern as another example have Pizzaro as backup to Lewa...however both real and bayern have either Ronaldo or Muller who are also extremely good finishers, while we have Schurrle/Hazard. Neither is as good finisher as those two, but I think Schurrle will give us alot in attack too in next seasons, this one included. Hazard will probably take some sort of role of Ribery. Not many goals IMO, but still key part of the attack.

Rooney holdup play is very good. Rooney best season for United was when Rooney played as a lone striker.

LOL They never used him like that! Utd never lumped it up to their CF. He was almost used as a false 9, came deep to collect and help build attacks.

Anyway I seriously doubt Jose sanctioned the purchase of Remy because he thought he would be ideal when we want to play more direct, Drogba was.

All other top clubs have two lead strikers in their first team XI, we only have one.

That has been repeated here until believed to be true... :)

Giroud was on the bench for Sanchez.... When Aguero is fit, Dzeko sits on the bench. When RVP is fit, Falcao will sit on the bench.

If Liverpool plays both Daniel and Balotelli at the same time - well then they are fucking crazy! :)

That has been repeated here until believed to be true... :)

Giroud was on the bench for Sanchez.... When Aguero is fit, Dzeko sits on the bench. When RVP is fit, Falcao will sit on the bench.

If Liverpool plays both Daniel and Balotelli at the same time - well then they are fucking crazy! :)

Giroud was on the bench because they had a CL game in the week so they rotated their squad. Giroud is still Arsenal's number 1 striker, not Alexis. Alexis is a wide forward, who can occasionally play up front if needed. Look at their game last Sunday - who started up front? Sanogo, not Alexis.

Dzeko won't be benched this year, his direct replacement was Negredo who was in supreme form, not Aguero. He, alongside Aguero, is City's number 1 pairing. Last year it was Negredo - Aguero until Aguero got injured and Negredo lost form.

Liverpool started their last game with Balotelli and Sturridge both playing? Just like they played Suarez and Sturridge last year.

As I said. You can't compare teams that use two lead strikers in their system to ours. It's irrelevant.

Our defence is definitely better than City's not even debatable IMO. The overrating of the City team is crazy.

Courtois and Cech are both much better than Hart.

Azpi & Ivanovic are at least both on Zabaleta's level, if not better.

JT/Cahill/Ivanovic combo is better than any combo City can put together IMO. Even though individually Kompany is better, as a pairing our CBs are stronger.

Kolarov might be a fantastic attacking left back but as an all round left back he's distinctively average. Filipe Luis is better, not debatable.

You say City have the best playmaker in the PL? I disagree. Cesc is the best playmaker in the PL in my opinion, Silva is quality but just behind him. Our Matic is better than any DM City have. He would start over both Fernandinho and Fernando if City had him. They do have the best CM in the PL in Yaya however, but he's closely followed by our Cesc IMO.

Give me Hazard over any wide player City (or players that play wide) have (Nasri, Navas).

Up front they have a distinct advantage, but then again Costa would start for them alongside Aguero IMO.

Regarding depth however, it's the over way around IMO. They slightly have more quality on the bench and in their team in general.

As I said before. You're overrating City's first team XI.

GK I agree. However, City play attacking football, which exposes their backline. Chelsea plays a very conservative game, however, not so much last saturday. It wasnt a long time ago that Nastaslic was viewed as the best young CB in the world and the fact they got mangala as well. So, essentially your comparing jt, cahill, zouma and i guess ivan vs kompany, mangala, demichelis and nastaslic.

Cesc is not a better playmaker than Silva. Cesc long ball is better and his goal scoring ability, but Silva moves better, has better short passing ability and dribbles/shields the ball a lot better. People underate Nasri these days. Nasri is as good as any am in the epl.

Yaya, when he cares is head and shoulder better than any cm. Fernando has played very well for City so far and is really pushing Matic as the best DM in the league, even though one can argue that Fernando is more of a dm than matic is.

Aguero, when fit is superior to anyone besides RVP.

CIty and Chelsea have the best overall squads, however, I think the breaking points this season will all be on Joe Hart...

I think Schurrle's finishing is underrated. He's one of the best finishers in the league, we'll see that this year. He's got that cold German finish.

I think Hazard is an excellent finisher as well,but he doesn't shoot that often.

Giroud was on the bench because they had a CL game in the week so they rotated their squad. Giroud is still Arsenal's number 1 striker, not Alexis. Alexis is a wide forward, who can occasionally play up front if needed.

Dzeko won't be benched this year, his direct replacement was Negredo who was in supreme form, not Aguero. He, alongside Aguero, is City's number 1 pairing. Last year it was Negredo - Aguero until Aguero got injured and Negredo lost form.

Liverpool started their last game with Balotelli and Sturridge both playing? Just like they played Suarez and Sturridge last year.

As I said. You can't compare teams that use two lead strikers in their system to ours. It's irrelevant.

Why do you try so hard to make it as a bad thing that Alexis can also play out wide and that City has Dzeko and Aguero as options?

Over the last 2 season Dzeko has sat on the bench for VERY LONG stretches and has become delusioned at times... Last season Aguero was injured for a long time and even now isn't that fit. Dzeko will sit on the bench like he has before. We can wage on that.

I know what liverpool did and I hope they keep on doing the very same thing. :)

Why do you try so hard to make it as a bad thing that Alexis can also play out wide and that City has Dzeko and Aguero as options?

Over the last 2 season Dzeko has sat on the bench for VERY LONG stretches and has become delusioned at times... Last season Aguero was injured for a long time and even now isn't that fit. Dzeko will sit on the bench like he has before. We can wage on that.

I know what liverpool did and I hope they keep on doing the very same thing. :)

It's not a bad thing at all - my main point is that you're continuously bringing up the point that the likes of City, Arsenal, Liverpool have Dzeko, Alexis and Balotelli on the bench as back up strikers when they all will play the majority of games regardless. They're not back up players.

Dzeko this season will start most games, especially now Negredo has gone - Aguero is not a direct replacement for Dzeko IMO. More so for Jovetic.

If you're putting Alexis as a back up forward for Arsenal then I'll put Schurrle as a back up forward for ourselves too. So if that were the case, Costa, Remy, Schurrle, Drogba > Giroud, Sanogo, Welbeck, Alexis. Easily.

My point is - which I have mentioned before - we can't compare a system that allows two strikers to play to ours, where we only have one striker in the team; thus, we must account for our backups and reserves in another way, not the same way.