Chelsea v Swansea

Jase

First time this season that we play 3 games in a week, with a huge match at the end of it. So expect to see a little bit of rotation with Luis, Azpilicueta, Schurrle, Willian and probably Ramires starting either the Swansea or the Schalke match, but not all 3.

Yeah, it's going to be tough, considering that all 3 games are important. At least we play Swansea and Schalke at the Bridge, so we won't have to travel between those games. I expect to see a lot of rotation or the players will be exhausted by the time we face City.

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, it's going to be tough, considering that all 3 games are important. At least we play Swansea and Schalke at the Bridge, so we won't have to travel between those games. I expect to see a lot of rotation or the players will be exhausted by the time we face City.

City will be exhausted too, they travel to London, Munich and back to Manchester to face us in the same time frame.

City will be exhausted too, they travel to London, Munich and back to Manchester to face us in the same time frame.

True but then again, they have a big enough squad to rotate and rest players even if all 3 are important games for them.

True but then again, they have a big enough squad to rotate and rest players even if all 3 are important games for them.

Think they'll rotate Kolarov/Clichy, Fernando/Fernandinho because there isn't a huge difference in quality in those 3 positions (and perhaps Demichelis and Mangala) but other than that they'll want their best players in every position. I'd probably expect Hart, Zabaleta, Kompany, Toure, Silva, Nasri, Dzeko and Aguero to play all 3 if fit.

Think they'll rotate Kolarov/Clichy, Fernando/Fernandinho because there isn't a huge difference in quality in those 3 positions (and perhaps Demichelis and Mangala) but other than that they'll want their best players in every position. I'd probably expect Hart, Zabaleta, Kompany, Toure, Silva, Nasri, Dzeko and Aguero to play all 3 if fit.

I don't think both Aguero and Dzeko will play all 3, certainly not starting together anyway. Pellegrini seems to be playing with just 1 ST upfront these days with Jovetic floating behind as the AM/2nd striker.

Spurs losing 2-0 to Liverpool.

If it stays that way, that would mean only us and Swansea have a 100% record after 3 games. This would then really be a top of the table clash, even more so than before. :lol::P

Bar any injuries this should be the team:

Courtois

Iva Cahill Terry Dave

Matic Fabregas

Schurrle Oscar Hazard

Costa

They will play defensively and try to hit us on the break like they did at MU 2 weeks ago. This type of games will see if we have really addressed our issue last season, games where we don't need to be strong defensively but rather breaking down tough defence. They started the season really well, not a fluke at all and their 2 wingers are possibly 2 of the fastest in the league along with Bony, really good striker.

Hope we can scrap a 1/2-0 like we did against Leicester to be fair, very very hard game I predict.

Fix the defence and we will kill them off before half time.

They will fight like crazy as they are top of table with us, and they might also sign Ayew tomorrow, but the game is at SB and I think we will win.

Costa to score hattrick this time :ph34r: