• Fabregas
    • Schurrle
    • Oscar
    • Hazard
    • Costa
    • Ramires (sub)
    • Remy (sub)
    • Salah (sub)

Ramires, my dear Ramires... Prove me wrong, baby, prove me wrong every single day and I'll concede defeat with a smile in my face. Regardless of the great assist (again) and before that I had already admitted he's been great, then you add the assist and his other contributions after that and there's no way this guy should be left out of our starting lineup now - regardless of the opponent. I hope he has his best season yet with us this year. I hope he carries on, I'll eat as many humble pies he wants to shove down my throat. I'll still have the silly smile I have on my face now.

I may have forgotten some unsung hero, but I'm on high adrenaline and oxytocin now to think sort of properly

Finally getting the recognition he deserves. He changed the game for me, the formation change was another Jose masterclass...

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really can't think of more impressive debut in the Premier league than Diego's. 7 goals in his first 4 official matches for the club which includes a hat trick to his tally already. With Fabregas and Hazard we have so much creativity up front it's scary! Cesc with two assists for Diego and Eden's performance deserved a goal or assist. Super debut for Remy as well, showing his credentials right from the start.

Now on the other hand conceding 6 goals in the first 4 games (5 in the last 2) is a real concern. Our defense looks shaky and on a bad day we would've dropped points. Against City we need to show our defensive form of last season, because with that kind of defending we'll might suffer.

I know I'm not making much sense right now (and I didn't say Costa wasn't influential, to be fair) :Goober: but seriously tho, Hazard was absolutely amazing.

I agree. When we were playing bad he took the initiative and reminded the others exactly how to play. But COSTA scored a hattrick! Cmon....change your vote....you know you want too.... :ph34r:

The guy who scored 3 goals wasnt influential LOL! Dont get me wrong Hazard was amazing but Costa scored 3 goals....thats automatic MOTM.

I know I'm not making much sense right now (and I didn't say Costa wasn't influential, to be fair) :Goober: but seriously tho, Hazard was absolutely amazing.

I have a similar feeling, that's why I said Hazard was the 'enabler'. When we were lost and being ridiculously dominated by them (ridiculous by how easy they made it look, they were actually a very team and I think they'll continue to surprise others) Hazard took it in his hands to turn this around. And then he fired up the team and then Costa scored and never stopped.

In a way I feel like if Hazard didn't have a good day in the office, we wouldn't have dominated them like that (maybe we could have won anyway, but he was instrumental in the way we turned the match 180 degrees). Then Diego Costa did his thing and some more. So I understand saying Hazard was more influential, although I don't necessarily agree. He was influential in a way and Diego in another. We don't even need to choose one between them :P

For me quite the contrary. For once in a very long time I was actually very confident we'd at least score 2. Couldn't say that last season.

Granted I started watching the match from 30 minutes onward, I never felt like we would lose the game. We were in absolute control the entire time I've been in front of my tv.

Special mentions to Hazard and Cesc who had brilliant games. Really got us back into the game. But MOTM has to automatically go to Costa. A striker of the highest caliber. Perfect for the prem and perfect for us :)

For me quite the contrary. For once in a very long time I was actually very confident we'd at least score 2. Couldn't say that last season.

Agree, it's lovely watching us and knowing that even if we go 1 down we will/can pull goals back fairly easily. I had every confidence we would win after their goal despite our start. It's a great feeling to have and one that has been missing for Chelsea fans for quite some time. There will still be those that flap at the first sign of trouble, however, and start with their hyperbolic and reactionary criticism of just about any player on the pitch (or even Mourinho himself)!

Hmm, I dunno. I thought we were a bit lucky Swansea didn't add to their lead because we were hanging on a bit at that point. Routledge had a good chance from JT's glanced clearance and Gomis also should've done better with the half volley/volley pretty central in front of goal. I was delighted at it being just 0-1 at the half hour mark.