Who Do You Consider 'World Class'?

Myself

Busquets is awful and has been carried by the fact that he's been in a very good team. I would class him as good, not even very good, let alone world class. On top of that he's a cheating, horrible footballer.

Busquets is probably the best player for the role he plays at barcelona/spain, however, on other teams/tactics, he would not be. He's very very good at his job and these days its hard to define players by positions..

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bollocks. He was just as essential to Barca and Spain's success these past several years as Xavi and Iniesta were. He was the reason Yaya Toure was left out and is the main component in how both Barca and Spain tick. No Busquets, no party.

He works perfectly in Barca's system and, to some extend, Spain's. That doesn't make him world-class. He would be pretty average if he played in a team like ours or Atleti.

He works perfectly in Barca's system and, to some extend, Spain's. That doesn't make him world-class. He would be pretty average if he played in a team like ours or Atleti.

He's been playing at top level since 2009 and has won major honors at club and international level, not to mention he is rarely injured and has been performing at a standard that would be well worthy of a brand of consistency.

I fail to understand where you are getting your 'he would be pretty average' if he was at a different club claim when in most cases the brilliance he displays are individual attributes that he sustained. It is so unbelievabley irritating in how many people under rate the holding midfielder role when it is the most crucial in creating a balance within the midfield. Thankfully there are managers and journalists who truly understand the difficulty of that role which is why they praise him so highly.

Your claim is a bit far fetched as well. Would Xavi, Scholes, Iniesta be the brilliant players they were if they played on a side that parked the bus? No, you create a style that benefits the squad as a whole and gets the best out of your players.

Would be pretty average. That bit made me laugh.

He's been playing at top level since 2009 and has won major honors at club and international level, not to mention he is rarely injured and has been performing at a standard that would be well worthy of a brand of consistency.

I fail to understand where you are getting your 'he would be pretty average' if he was at a different club claim when in most cases the brilliance he displays are individual attributes that he sustained. It is so unbelievabley irritating in how many people under rate the holding midfielder role when it is the most crucial in creating a balance within the midfield. Thankfully there are managers and journalists who truly understand the difficulty of that role which is why they praise him so highly.

Your claim is a bit far fetched as well. Would Xavi, Scholes, Iniesta be the brilliant players they were if they played on a side that parked the bus? No, you create a style that benefits the squad as a whole and gets the best out of your players.

Would be pretty average. That bit made me laugh.

Agreed to the fact that he has been consistent and is underrated because of the holding role he plays, but apart from that there is nothing world-class about him. If any player looks world-class at Barca inspite of being anything but that, it's definitely this guy.

Individual brilliance? That's the last thing you'd associate with Busquests. That notion of yours made me laugh as well.

Who said anything about parking the bus? Is that what comes into your mind when someone mentions your club. Inexpiable.