Mattia Destro

Waterfall

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"He will stay 100%." - Roma president. Any sale now damages his trust with fans, think he will stay

Not too sure. If they do sell Destro I'm sure the president will say something like the player forced the move and we didn't want to stop him because we didn't want a player playing here who didn't want to be here and wear the shirt. Or something like that.

Nowadays statements such as 100% will stay mean very little. Heck they said they would only sell Benatia for 60 million but he went for considerably less.

"He will stay 100%." - Roma president. Any sale now damages his trust with fans, think he will stay

he also said that Benatia would cost 60 m. just the usual blabla to raise the price of someone.

13 goals last year, 6 of which were really easy tap ins. Doesn't seem overly impressive, but then again can't say I've watched him properly.

We need someone who could tap in because apparently we do not have someone else besides Costa who could really finish off chances made.

13 goals last year, 6 of which were really easy tap ins. Doesn't seem overly impressive, but then again can't say I've watched him properly.

In 15 (5) appearances. That's not too bad. Not saying we should go for him, but his goal scoring stat is impressive. 0.95 goals per 90 minutes in the serie A, apparently, if I can believe the stats I read online. 13 goals in 1230 minutes, that's even a better stat than Costa. Of course there's no arguing Costa's the better player, but Destro's goal scoring stat is impressive!

http://www.squawka.com/news/how-mattia-destro-compares-to-chelseas-current-strikers/164959

EDIT: crap BenIsLegend beat me too it! :rant:

In 15 (5) appearances. That's not too bad. Not saying we should go for him, but his goal scoring stat is impressive. 0.95 goals per 90 minutes in the serie A, apparently, if I can believe the stats I read online. 13 goals in 1230 minutes, that's even a better stat than Costa. Of course there's no arguing Costa's the better player, but Destro's goal scoring stat is impressive!

http://www.squawka.com/news/how-mattia-destro-compares-to-chelseas-current-strikers/164959

EDIT: crap BenIsLegend beat me too it! :rant:

Your post is much more detailed though so kudos.

Ie17FZ6.gif

A move is now anticipated for the #ASRoma forward Mattia Destro. (Guardian) #CFC

#CFC seek to smooth a £20m deal for Destro before Monday having opted, to date, not to explore the possibility of signing Rémy (Guardian)

Everyone is saying something different FFS

I feel Remy is the more logical and safer choice, prem proven and is already London based however there is just something about Destro.

I feel he could become a bit of a cult figure, maybe not someone that does exceptionally well but someone who just fits the club.

That being said I will be extremely happy if either come.

I reckon we will test the water with Roma and see what sort of response we get. We will know we can get Remy at any point because of his 9m buyout clause. I'd be happy with either and would also love to have bony here but i'm not so sure he would be to interested in sitting on the bench but i could be wrong. To be honest at the moment it looks like a Win- Win Situation, Happy Days :beer:

Destro will remain a long-term target regardless of events over the next 72 hours. Of the Italy international, a youth-team player at Internazionale when Mourinho won the 2010 European Cup, the manager said: “Mattia was a kid when I was at Inter and was playing in our under-21s, training with us so many times. Everyone knew his potential was there to be a top striker. He was unlucky because we had Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Adriano, then Samuel Eto’o and Diego Milito. He didn’t have a chance because we were full of top strikers.”

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/aug/29/chelsea-fernando-torres-milan-jose-mourinho

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You