• Costa
    • Ramires (sub)
    • Willian (sub)
    • Drogba (sub)

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

did anyone else get goose bumps when the Great DD came on the pitch? I could feel a vibe of positivity spreading across the Globe. Even Mr. A stood up & clapped. I know Ossie is the King of the Bridge, but I wonder if The Great DD is his replacement.

drogba_flashes_rb_zpsbd178749.jpg

The bar I was at when he was preparing to come on. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10154528297435694&set=vb.734530693&type=2&theater

the reason of poor's first half...

Mourinho disappeared down the tunnel a good three minutes before half time to prepare his team talk. Judging by his team’s response in the second half, their manager had let them know quite how bad it was, though somewhat bizarrely the coach seemed to think the weather - cool and breezy for the time of year - was partly to blame.

‘We have lots of work to do,’ said Mourinho afterwards. ‘Our first half showed clearly that we have to improve. This week I trained at 3 o’clock because I was expecting this, as it’s not the best weather to play football, because you get a bit lazy. But I was unsuccessful in that because the team was lazy in the first half, which I didn’t like. But in the second half everything improved and they showed that they wanted it.
‘I think the weather makes players lazy, lose a bit of tension and sharpness in the body and after that you pass slow you move slow and you don’t react to the second balls and by the time you wake up it’s half time
‘At half time we had to be a little bit emotional with them and make them realise we were at risk,’ said Mourinho. ‘I wasn’t annoyed but I told them that if you have the same feeling I have we’re not in trouble, we will change. But if you don’t we’re in trouble. I think they understood. It’s important not to lose points against teams that normally you would beat.’

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2732609/CHELSEA-2-0-LEICESTER-CITY-Diego-Costa-scores-home-debut-Eden-Hazard-seals-points.html

Poor first half

Oh yeah, like the boys were sleepwalking. Real nice flurry of activity in the second half though. Credit to Leicester for their effort today and for taking a point in that Everton match. Not the two easiest fixtures to open with.

Put simply, this is the type of game we were dropping points in last season but a combination of creativity in midfield and a proper poacher in the box took us over the line.

We look a bit more shakey in defence but that'll happen when we push forward.

For all the discussion about Courtois, he's absolutely an upgrade in that position.

For the first hour though it did feel like it could be another one of those days, where their keeper plays out of his skin and we struggle but it may well be that the changes we've made are exactly what we needed. Onwards and upwards.