• Fabregas
    • Schurrle
    • Oscar
    • Hazard
    • Costa
    • Ramires (sub)
    • Willian (sub)
    • Drogba (sub)

Okay I know a lot of people think it was an average performance... but surely that makes it even better that we won? I mean, just imagine when we're playing good!

Hasn't that been one of the reasons United did so well over the years - somehow being able to win games even when playing average?

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again, we get the win as expected and the 2nd half was good as expected. But it's only going to mask over the fact we were unacceptably appalling in the first half which surprised me. It's one thing being poor but that angered me. We were able to pick ourselves up against Burnley but we looked so nervous in front of our own fans. Once the team felt we were playing horribly after 20 mins, they let their heads drop drastically. I'm certain Jose is bothered by that. Against a team with more quality, we would have not won this game. How we can go from Burnley to THAT in the space of 1 game? Hopefully, it's not going to develop into a pattern. If we play like that against Everton, we will lose.

Iva deserves MOTM. Hazard and Courtois honorable mention(though TC made a sloppy pass in the beginning that could have led to a goal).

Oscar was good, though his misplaced pass in the 1st half could have led to a goal. Oddly, Matic made a few mistakes too. Cesc and Costa were solid.

All in all, good result.

Matic and Fabregas were also dispossessed in areas that almost led to us conceding a goal. Leicester was pressing and anticipating passes pretty well, many won't acknowledge that but it was the reason why we were countered so dangerously at times.

Another thing... It's great when the goals are going in, but Schurlle needs to learn to pass the ball. He is the only selfish player we have on the field, and really only looks out for himself at times, or at least it's what it looks like.

I'm not sure if he doesn't have it in his game to throw some nifty passes around, but he needs to get better at it. It was extremely frustrating watching him at times.

pathetic first half, brilliant second half. every player played his part in the 2nd half.

coutois- what a performance. brilliant saves. has totally and completely repaid jose's faith and hopefully shut the mouth off most of the idiotic journalists. dint put a foot wrong. 10/10

iva- despite courtois brilliant performance, he gets my MOTM award. brilliant in defence, amazing in attack what more do u want from your fullback. if costa had passed that ball, he would have got on the score sheet too. but somehow people will still cry and crib about iva being on the team ahead of luis. hyprcrisy and prejudice!!! has put in 2 world class performance in our 2 matches so far!!! what a player!!!

GC-JT - covered well. specially after we went a goal up they were solid as usual. the worst moment was when matic gave away the ball for a 3 on 2. GC did well to hurry nugent. also, JT's tackle in the 1st half was just brilliant. 8/10

azpi - got skinned in the first half. seemed like he was chasing shadows. also no link up with hazard in the first half leading into hazard being totally isolated. made up a bit in 2nd half when both him and iva got up more. 6/10

matic - 2 massive mistakes that could have cost us dearly. other than that, he was decent. 6/10

cesc - defensively he was poor today. so many times the ball was played around him. infact oscar atleast put in a defensive shift in the first half to cover for him. exactly why rambo with matic would be much better. 6/10

oscar - pathetic performance in the first half. seemed like he was not even interested. i have no doubt that he got a jose smacking in the HT-talk. good shot and a nice ball for iva to the goal. i will be suprised if he holds his plays against everton. 6/10

hazard - what a goal!!! thats what he does best. produces moments of magic in the game. 7/10

schurrle - ran a lot, specially when it seemed that we had changed to 4-4-2 with him and costa at top. ran behind the defence but only to be played once by cesc. some decent link up play too but nothing special. 6/10

costa - in all honesty, he got owned by 2 championship defenders today. first touch was poor, hold up play was poor. but that 50-50 chance that he took changed the game on its heel. and that is what strikers are for. 7/10

subs:

rambo - that run was awesome, the finish was not. deadly when we are countering and he showed why on multiple occasions today. i think he will be starting against everton. 7/10

willian - brilliant cameo. absolutely brilliant. that turn was marvelous. another wonderful option to have off the bench when countering. 8/10

DD - what an ovation. moment of the match - when roman joined in the standing ovation. absolutely loved it!!! that ball to rambo... orgasmic. the way he got that ball on the edge of the ball before hazard took it down the flag - brilliant. still seems a little off the pace. 7/10

good win. we would have dropped some points last season for sure on such a game. nice start to the season.

Matic and Fabregas were also dispossessed in areas that almost led to us conceding a goal. Leicester was pressing and anticipating passes pretty well, many won't acknowledge that but it was the reason why we were countered so dangerously at times.

Matic will continue to be pressed hard all season and begin to look like Mikel on the ball if Chelsea play this tempo and formation all season. It's too predictable and slow.

Matic will continue to be pressed hard all season and begin to look like Mikel on the ball if Chelsea play this tempo and formation all season. It's too predictable and slow.

Too predictable and too slow? Did you not see how many chances we created today? Get out of here with that stuff. Did you even watch the game pal?

We were a little bit slow in the first half. But I don't think we ever looked predictable.