Burnley v Chelsea

Jase

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@MatchStory: In their last 10 opening day fixtures @chelseafc have dropped 2 points from a possible 30 and have conceded 3 goals.

vy2aveqa.jpg

Wtf Swansea? And Everton's isn't great either for a top 6 club. As a side note, hahahahahahaha at Spurs.

I was about to write down the starting lineup but after few minutes I just gave up. It's too damn difficult in a very positive way, it really shows how good our squad depth is. I'll just sit back trusting in Jose and enjoying our first league victory!

Would love an early goal from us. There crowd will be right up for this, and this being the first game at home since gaining promotion the players will be right up for it. We can kill it dead if we score first, plus, it will be a great confidence boost for us to kick on the game. Really hope we come out sharp and get at them, our away support will be right up for it and hope to god we get all three points.

UTC.

Pretty confident this team will start

Courtois

Ivanovic - Cahill - Terry - Luis

Fabregas - Matic

Willian - Oscar - Hazard

Costa

but if Ramires wasn't suspended i think he would have started in a 4-3-3

This is the team I see as well, simply because Schurrle doesn't seem fully fit yet, so it might be better for him to come off the bench, and Brana has been class this pre season.

Considering this is probably the worst team in BPL, I expect nothing other than a 3-0/dominant win from us, especially with us having a full 1st 11 to choose from with no one injured. Scraping a 2-1 or 1-0 win isn't good enough imo, the players should also be at 85-95% fit now too and most of them 100% considering they have been playing preseason for nearly 1 month now.

Considering this is probably the worst team in BPL, I expect nothing other than a 3-0/dominant win from us, especially with us having a full 1st 11 to choose from with no one injured. Scraping a 2-1 or 1-0 win isn't good enough imo, the players should also be at 85-95% fit now too and most of them 100% considering they have been playing preseason for nearly 1 month now.

You're setting yourself up for disappointment there. Promoted teams are buggers to play on the first match of the season, so you expecting a dominant win is simply giving you a reason to moan later.

You're setting yourself up for disappointment there. Promoted teams are buggers to play on the first match of the season, so you expecting a dominant win is simply giving you a reason to moan later.

Yes but they are Championship quality while we are CL quality, I don't think they have signed anyone that most of us knows or heard of? The difference should be great and we should really be able to show it.

No easy games in the Prem... None.

I think the difference in this game will come down to the manager, Jose doesn't like to lose and will have the boys RIGHT UP for this one. I'm not 100% who will start, if I'm looking to Real Sociedad for clues I'd say I'd be difficult. Real didn't really press us at all and allowed us to play our football, Burnley at home I would imagine will be very different.

What I'd like to see is this:

Courtois

Ivanovic - Cahill - Terry - Luis

Fab - Matic

Schurrle - Oscar - Hazard

Costa

What I think we'll see is this is:

Courtois

Ivanovic - Cahill - Terry - Azpi

Fab - Matic

Salah - Willian - Hazard

Costa

Jose will need someone to come off the bench to change it if things slow down and we're not winning, I can only think of Schurrle and Oscar as the bench players capable of changing a game. We will hope that they want to come out and play football in front of their fans and in turn expose them with our speed and passing ability.