• Hazard
    • Willian (sub)
    • Mikel (sub)
    • Drogba (sub)

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fabregas, Costa and Schürrle made the difference today. This would probably be a hard fought draw or loss otherwise, if this was last season for example. This season looks good.

"Fabergas" my MOTM.

Boom!!

Okay notes:

Great Schurrle goal, That pass from Fabregas was out of this world.

Thought Hazard was immense in the first half but tried too many flicks for my liking.

Diego is off the mark!!!

Nice to see you Didier.

ONWARD TO THE BRIDGE!! :blue scalf: :blue scalf: :blue scalf: :blue scalf: :blue scalf: :blue scalf:

Perfect first match of the season apart from the goal. Looked solid for most of it and showed some absolutely beautiful passages of play. The passing from Fabregas was masterful at times, Hazard ran at players, Costa was a threat all night and Schurrle just provides a cutting edge from the right.

Man of the Match for me was Ivanovic though. Involved in all three goals, his cross for the first was world-class, his pass for the second was as good and he even took his goal well. He was solid in defence and even managed to smile.

Top of the league after one match away to a decent opponent is a great start.

We look a team!

What a game and what a result for us. Good performance from most of the squad. I know I go on a bit but still cant believe Oscar played as much as he did. Fucking awful. Only passed backwards or sideways.

And we're back in fuckin BUSINESS!

Just hope we make one more signing at ST, and then --only then--can we be fully prepared for the season.

Otherwise i was thrilled with the result, anticipated the second half would be boring, we already had the result, on to the next one!

Judging by some people (outside this forum) u'd think we'd already won the League.

We've won the opening game convincingly the past couple of seasons too. Don't get carried away. Positive signs nonetheless. Even if it was against Burnley......

If there's anything we can be critical of, then I guess it was how shaky our defence was at time. Uncharacteristic. Oh and Oscar..... what a complete waste of space. Another pathetic performance by him.