Chelsea v Real Sociedad

Jase

That comment is irrelevant imo.

I'm talking about the level of fitness he shows during recent matches (lose manmarking being the main problem), not how many matches he plays. You could start my grandfather in 55 matches, doesn't mean he'll actually contribute to the game.

Not comparing JT with my grandfather by the way before you start shouting at me, just making a point.

JT and Drogba are Chelsea legends but too old imo to still compete at the very highest level week in week out. If we want to win titles (and we do) we need more than that.

will-smith-the-fuck.gif

Stick to De Bruyne man..

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly think your comments are based entirely on his birth certificate and not on anything that occurred on, adjacent to, near to or even in the same postcode of a football pitch.

Haha, that postcode comeback is actually quite funny.

Okay, give you the Besiktas goal as an example than. Terry at his best would've won that challenge.

Just feel like we need a quick, flexible centreback to secure our future.

Haha, that postcode comeback is actually quite funny.

Okay, give you the Besiktas goal as an example than. Terry at his best would've won that challenge.

Just feel like we need a quick, flexible centreback to secure our future.

So a 45 minute friendly where the keeper made an almighty cock-up is what we're basing this on?

Ok.

Did you even watch us at all last season? He was one of the best CBs in Europe and the best in our team. You're just basing all of this on his age. JT is still one of the top CBs in the league, what are you talking about?

Haha except for maybe one or two matches when on holiday when I've only seen highlights afterwards, I saw 90 minutes of every game :) Don't try to fight me on how many Chelsea matches I watch, that's ridiculous.

I know Terry had a brilliant season, Cahil/Terry were probably best duo in the EPL last year. But there's a difference between playing West Brom, Sunderland etc. and playing the likes of Bayern Munich, Barcelona, Real Madrid. To compete with the very best I think we need more.

If y'all think that Terry is still the best defender in the world and you'd trade him for noone, okay then, guess we have a different view and I respect your opinion.

Okay man, I get it. You think he's still one of the best defenders out there, I say he's starting to lack some vitality. We won't agree.

Surely that's why Zouma has been purchased - to learn from JT and be his cover?

Whilst JT is still playing the way he is - he needs to be in the team - I like the fact that Zouma gets to work with him day in day out - as Zouma will know what's required of him...

I don't want to keep buying players - I want the ones we have to come through under the tutelage of existing players... This keeps a level of continuity and consistency (something we have lacked for a while)...

I don't want to keep buying players - I want the ones we have to come through under the tutelage of existing players... This keeps a level of continuity and consistency (something we have lacked for a while)...

Agree with that long-term. Short-term for this season it may not be enough. We'll have to wait and see how quickly Zouma can pick up the pace.

Looking forward to a pre-season at the bridge and think its a smart move from the board/club before the season starts so not technically our first game there when the prem kicks off.

Smart smart smart.

Agree with that long-term. Short-term for this season it may not be enough. We'll have to wait and see how quickly Zouma can pick up the pace.

Yup - what you describe there is the micro-fine line between winning and just missing out ;)

Lets hope we called it right this season ;)

Yup - what you describe there is the micro-fine line between winning and just missing out Lets hope we called it right this season

I read that Manchester City have just signed Mangala from Porto.

They were pretty much in the same situation as us, Demichelis being their John Terry (rough comparison but still), so they called it the other way & brought in a younger high quality centre-back.

We'll have to see how it turns out, but I would've wished we were the ones making that kind of signing. Could prove to valuable.

They were pretty much in the same situation as us, Demichelis being their John Terry (rough comparison but still), so they called it the other way & brought in a younger high quality centre-back.

We'll have to see how it turns out, but I would've wished we were the ones making that kind of signing. Could prove to valuable.

Demichelis was their best CB last season.

Demichelis was their best CB last season.

That's not the point. Terry was terrific last season too. Fact is that they are both getting older and becoming slower. Man City have anticipated on that possibly becoming a problem this season (players don't last forever you know), and we haven't really. Okay we got Zouma but he's only 19. Can't expect him to carry our defence when we play Bayern Munich, Man City or Real Madrid.

BTW on Demichelis being City's best CB last season: you really don't believe that they are going to replace skipper Kompany, do you? It'll be Kompany - Mangala for sure.

I'd go 3-5-2 until we have a decent replacement for JT. Just feel sometimes like he's not fit enough anymore.

Courtois

Ivanovic - Cahill - Luis

Willian - Ramires - Matic - Schürrle

Fabregas

Hazard

Costa

I liked this formation, but JT must start.

That's not the point. Terry was terrific last season too. Fact is that they are both getting older and becoming slower. Man City have anticipated on that possibly becoming a problem this season (players don't last forever you know), and we haven't really. Okay we got Zouma but he's only 19. Can't expect him to carry our defence when we play Bayern Munich, Man City or Real Madrid.

BTW on Demichelis being City's best CB last season: you really don't believe that they are going to replace skipper Kompany, do you? It'll be Kompany - Mangala for sure.

No, of course they aren't replacing Kompany because he's potentially their best CB but simply last year, Demichelis had a better season.

There are rumours saying we're in for Benatia but I'm not sure how reliable they are.