Chelsea v Real Sociedad

Jase

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad if I'm going to a preseason game it's going to be the last one.

Hopefully Mourinho puts out a strong squad to warm up for the league. Hopefully he won't put out a weak side to give the big guns rest :lol:

Up The Chels!

Even though he played in 51 games last year right? (Starting 48)

That comment is irrelevant imo.

I'm talking about the level of fitness he shows during recent matches (lose manmarking being the main problem), not how many matches he plays. You could start my grandfather in 55 matches, doesn't mean he'll actually contribute to the game.

Not comparing JT with my grandfather by the way before you start shouting at me, just making a point.

JT and Drogba are Chelsea legends but too old imo to still compete at the very highest level week in week out. If we want to win titles (and we do) we need more than that.

I'm talking about the level of fitness he shows during recent matches (lose manmarking being the main problem), not how many matches he plays. You could start my grandfather in 55 matches, doesn't mean he'll actually contribute to the game.

Not comparing JT with my grandfather by the way before you start shouting at me, just making a point.

JT and Drogba are Chelsea legends but too old imo to still compete at the very highest level week in week out. If we want to win titles (and we do) we need more than that.

Utter twaddle. JT had one of his best seasons last year and his fitness was never an issue.

Honestly think your comments are based entirely on his birth certificate and not on anything that occurred on, adjacent to, near to or even in the same postcode of a football pitch.

Did you even watch us at all last season? He was one of the best CBs in Europe and the best in our team. You're just basing all of this on his age. JT is still one of the top CBs in the league, what are you talking about?

Jose Mourinho said this just last week...

"I don't remember a better season than the one he just had. That's the point. Last season he had one minor injury. He played basically every match, and at a very high level."