Honest Expectations and Bold Predictions for the 2014/15 Season

Some people really underestimate us especially in the CL.

I for one think we have great chances of winning it, if we don't get too troubled in the group stage.

We're the best team in the world in matches played over two legs and we're the best English team in European competitions for years now.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly think we'll come 2nd in the league but win it the year after if Jose stays. I believe we'll win the FA Cup and get to another UCL Semi. It will be a good season but 15/16 will be the season to watch us as we run riot and dominate world football.

I honestly think we'll come 2nd in the league but win it the year after if Jose stays. I believe we'll win the FA Cup and get to another UCL Semi. It will be a good season but 15/16 will be the season to watch us as we run riot and dominate world football.

Think Mou will be sacked if he doesn't win it this year.

Nasri expects that we will be the biggest threat:

"I think Chelsea will be the biggest threat," Nasri said. "For me, Arsenal still have a weakness in defensive mid and at centre-back.
"Chelsea's signings have really caught my eye. Cesc Fabregas is a great replacement for Frank Lampard, I know that from playing with him at Arsenal. They had a weakness up front so they've signed Diego Costa who was great for Atletico Madrid last season. They lost Ashley Cole but bought in Filipe Luis.
"For Arsenal, Sanchez has the quality, but the Premier League is not La Liga. It is really, really hard. We saw that with Mesut Ozil last year. At the start of the season he was brilliant but he found out when every other league has a break in December, you carry on playing in England. We had the same with Stevan Jovetic at City."

Apparently he thinks Sanchez will suffer in the PL because of that but Luis and Costa won't.

I do agree with your posts sometimes but it does come across that you have an obsessive love affair with Arsenal. Everything you have said there about who to be the leading this, best player and so on is all about Arsenal apart from RVP but even he has a connection with Arsenal :D You also said Koscielny is the best CB in the premier league. Not that you are wrong to say that as imo he is up there but come on man, a little support for Chelsea or our players. Why Ozil POTY and not Hazard? I reckon Hazard will go up another level with the additions to the team. I can see why you would think Ozil would have the most amount of assists but once again I reckon that could easily go to a player like Hazard or Silva. Hazard had the most created chances last season and you only think now we have a clinical striker his assists stats will improve. But yes Ozil struggled without the likes of Walcott last season but this season when the likes of Walcott and Sanchez are fit you will see the best of him.

Like, yeah your predictions are not outrageous or anything but it would be bloody pleasing to see you credit our team and players a bit more :D

Your right...

Man City will score the most goals....

Jose is not gonna be here next year unless we won a double FA/Capital One or BPL or CL. Coming 1 point behind or semi of CL will result in his sacking.

It is the way the club works.

No, they sack managers who they believe won't take the team forward, I love how people just think that they were sacked purely because they didn't win the league or CL, it's such a simple way of looking at it.

Lets look at the managers Roman has sacked.

Ranieri - Roman never wanted him, he was gone regardless.

Grant - Not a long term option, if he wasn't sacked in the summer it wouldn't have took long after.

Scolari - players were unfit, we had no game plan, Benitez showed the world how to combat Scolaris Chelsea and from then on we had no answer.

Ancelotti - Awful second season, comatose football, sticking to underperforming players, giving to much away tactically in press conferences and pre match interviews, making the same mistakes again and again and again, I mean ffs Kenny Dalglish tactically outsmarted him.

People refer to 2nd place but that doesn't tell the whole story, we still had a good defence that season so managed to scrape a lot of turgid wins but our attack was horrific.

Carlo was sacked due to performances, we were absolute rubbish and that season set us back years.

AVB - Roman wanted to give him time and kept him for as long as possible, until a variety of things forced his hand.

RDM - Never wanted by Roman despite the CL, was always waiting for the first excuse and took it.

If we are dining at the top end and just miss out, what would be the point? We saw what happened to United and if we sack Jose and make a Scolari lite mistake, with competition increasing all the time we could be in serious trouble.

At the very very worst Jose will have us competing at a high competitive level, and I think Roman knows that. Furthermore just because he use to be 'trigger happy' (again overexaggerated, all the managers sacked had reason for dismissal, and all turned out to be right, apart from Jose but that was mutual consent) doesn't mean hr still would be now, are you the same person you were in 2011?

Saying Roman will sack because he done it before is just to easy a way to look at things, I eat a tub of Harbenero sauce a few years ago and I sure as hell ain't doing that again.

I'm not making any predictions, but I am still leery of not having replaced Mikel with a better center midfielder, not having a 3rd striker (just Costa and Drogba), and playing too much in the same style and movement of the 4231.

Despite those problems, Chelsea's future looks good with all the young players that might come into the 1st team in the future and having Jose Mourinho as our manager.

No, they sack managers who they believe won't take the team forward, I love how people just think that they were sacked purely because they didn't win the league or CL, it's such a simple way of looking at it.

Lets look at the managers Roman has sacked.

Ranieri - Roman never wanted him, he was gone regardless.

Grant - Not a long term option, if he wasn't sacked in the summer it wouldn't have took long after.

Scolari - players were unfit, we had no game plan, Benitez showed the world how to combat Scolaris Chelsea and from then on we had no answer.

Ancelotti - Awful second season, comatose football, sticking to underperforming players, giving to much away tactically in press conferences and pre match interviews, making the same mistakes again and again and again, I mean ffs Kenny Dalglish tactically outsmarted him.

People refer to 2nd place but that doesn't tell the whole story, we still had a good defence that season so managed to scrape a lot of turgid wins but our attack was horrific.

Carlo was sacked due to performances, we were absolute rubbish and that season set us back years.

AVB - Roman wanted to give him time and kept him for as long as possible, until a variety of things forced his hand.

RDM - Never wanted by Roman despite the CL, was always waiting for the first excuse and took it.

If we are dining at the top end and just miss out, what would be the point? We saw what happened to United and if we sack Jose and make a Scolari lite mistake, with competition increasing all the time we could be in serious trouble.

At the very very worst Jose will have us competing at a high competitive level, and I think Roman knows that. Furthermore just because he use to be 'trigger happy' (again overexaggerated, all the managers sacked had reason for dismissal, and all turned out to be right, apart from Jose but that was mutual consent) doesn't mean hr still would be now, are you the same person you were in 2011?

Saying Roman will sack because he done it before is just to easy a way to look at things, I eat a tub of Harbenero sauce a few years ago and I sure as hell ain't doing that again.

I'm not saying you're wholly wrong, but you altered the context of this story of sacked managers ever so slightly.

While your reasons in hindsight might be true regarding all these managerial sacking let's not cover this in blue-tinted glasses. Roman & the board are ready to pull the trigger on any manager they feel won't be able to dig themselves out of a rout the club would go through. While they can be briliant, like in this transfer window, they have the ability (and demonstrated the ability) to undo it all with sacking a manager.

Mourinho won't be a special exception imo. If there isn't silverwear this season, the unfortunately I think the OP was right with the post you replied to, he will be sacked. Mourinho might be special, but in the board's eyes there's Guardiola, Conte and whoever else is going to flavour of the month by the end of the season.

I'm not saying you're wholly wrong, but you altered the context of this story of sacked managers ever so slightly.

While your reasons in hindsight might be true regarding all these managerial sacking let's not cover this in blue-tinted glasses. Roman & the board are ready to pull the trigger on any manager they feel won't be able to dig themselves out of a rout the club would go through. While they can be briliant, like in this transfer window, they have the ability (and demonstrated the ability) to undo it all with sacking a manager.

Mourinho won't be a special exception imo. If there isn't silverwear this season, the unfortunately I think the OP was right with the post you replied to, he will be sacked. Mourinho might be special, but in the board's eyes there's Guardiola, Conte and whoever else is going to flavour of the month by the end of the season.

Well hopefully were just win the league and neither of us will have to find out either way :lol:

I can understand the caution and maybe im a tad naive thinking this, but I reckon if we are heading on the right path I think Jose will stay regardless, obviously if we nosedive down the league he's gone, but next to no chance of that.

Well hopefully were just win the league and neither of us will have to find out either way :lol:

I can understand the caution and maybe im a tad naive thinking this, but I reckon if we are heading on the right path I think Jose will stay regardless, obviously if we nosedive down the league he's gone, but next to no chance of that.

the thing is, if we don't win then there would have been a nose dive one way or another. That's how leagues are lost.

• 2 weeks later...