Spike

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Would you recommend Bath University?

I would indeed. Top University and easily the best city i've ever been to in my life. Only ever had a few problems with the academic desk jockeys who were very inflexible and drunk on power, but I imagine you get that at most places!!

Okay, a few serious(-ish) questions:

1. Favourite type of cuisine?
  2. If there was one holiday destination you could visit tomorrow, where would it be?
  3. Anything you're afraid of, i.e. heights, spiders, Spurs fans, etc.?
  4. What is the ideal characteristic you look for in young footballers? An open question, I know, but I'm intrigued to see what you say.
  5. What's the story, morning glory?
  6. Best football ground you've been to?
  7. If you had the chance to go abroad for a weekend and watch a foreign football club play, who would it be and why?
  8. Who's your favourite TC staff member? :ph34r:

Okay, a few serious(-ish) questions:

1. Favourite type of cuisine?
  2. If there was one holiday destination you could visit tomorrow, where would it be?
  3. Anything you're afraid of, i.e. heights, spiders, Spurs fans, etc.?
  4. What is the ideal characteristic you look for in young footballers? An open question, I know, but I'm intrigued to see what you say.
  5. What's the story, morning glory?
  6. Best football ground you've been to?
  7. If you had the chance to go abroad for a weekend and watch a foreign football club play, who would it be and why?
  8. Who's your favourite TC staff member? :ph34r:

1) English. You can't beat a roast dinner or a Shepherd's Pie. And Fish & Chips is just a godsend when you're starving. Fan of Italian and Indian food too though.

2) USA, all day. Chicago, specifically. I just love idea of living in the USA one day. But i've never been there... :(. NZ and Italy close behind.

3) Not keen on heights, or spiders. Not overly fond of them but not scared. I'm pretty claustrophobic though, the idea of being buried alive or something like that straight up terrifies me. Spurs fans don't scare me, just disgust me. Have yet to meet a Spurs fan who isn't a complete and utter bellend.

4) Ideal characteristic always has to be their attitude. Prime example of the perfect attitude of a young player is what Tibo has shown. He got signed and farmed out on loan, he worked hard and has made himself so good that it's literally impossible for us not to play him, even over probably the greatest keeper in the clubs history. He didn't demand the place, he stated that he wanted to be our no.1 and that he was going to be. Also I like players to always understand that they never stop learning, even when you (think you?) are the best in the world at what you do you have to keep evolving and getting better. Same as Ronaldo (the thin one), his attitude to always getting better and never being happy has always impressed me. So yeah, for me attitude is far more important than talent, although I understand you do need the talent too to be a top footballer.

5) What's the word, humming bird, did you hear Peter Griffin is slow? That's the first thing I thought, if that's what you wanted...? Unfortunately though I don't like Oasis if that's what you're asking, they seemed a bit too smug for me...

6) Forgive me... the Emirates. Such a gorgeous stadium. The Bridge is 2nd though, love the atmosphere in the Shed End; made my missus fall in love with football. If Chelsea could move to Battersea though i'd take that. Think that stadium would easily become the most iconic stadium in England, maybe even Europe. Best small ground i've been to is the Ricoh Arena. Lovely stadium for a shit club.

7) Juventus all day. They're my favourite team outside England because of the way they play and that god in human form: Andrea Pirlo. If I see that man play before I die then i'll die a happy man. Easily one of the greatest (and most under-rated) footballers of my lifetime. Watching him personally dismantle England at Euro 2012 was that impressive that it lessened the blow of England being shit once again. 2nd would be PSG, to see Zlatan. I quite like the rest of their team too tbh, one of the best in Europe.

8) This might seem like an arse-crawling answer but my favourite TC staff member is you. Close in front of Choulo. You were both very welcoming when I joined and made me want to stay on, now I can't imagine leaving!! Spike is alright too (although Australian...) and Special Juan is really becoming a good staff member quickly too.

1) English. You can't beat a roast dinner or a Shepherd's Pie. And Fish & Chips is just a godsend when you're starving. Fan of Italian and Indian food too though.

2) USA, all day. Chicago, specifically. I just love idea of living in the USA one day. But i've never been there... :(. NZ and Italy close behind.

3) Not keen on heights, or spiders. Not overly fond of them but not scared. I'm pretty claustrophobic though, the idea of being buried alive or something like that straight up terrifies me. Spurs fans don't scare me, just disgust me. Have yet to meet a Spurs fan who isn't a complete and utter bellend.

4) Ideal characteristic always has to be their attitude. Prime example of the perfect attitude of a young player is what Tibo has shown. He got signed and farmed out on loan, he worked hard and has made himself so good that it's literally impossible for us not to play him, even over probably the greatest keeper in the clubs history. He didn't demand the place, he stated that he wanted to be our no.1 and that he was going to be. Also I like players to always understand that they never stop learning, even when you (think you?) are the best in the world at what you do you have to keep evolving and getting better. Same as Ronaldo (the thin one), his attitude to always getting better and never being happy has always impressed me. So yeah, for me attitude is far more important than talent, although I understand you do need the talent too to be a top footballer.

5) What's the word, humming bird, did you hear Peter Griffin is slow? That's the first thing I thought, if that's what you wanted...? Unfortunately though I don't like Oasis if that's what you're asking, they seemed a bit too smug for me...

6) Forgive me... the Emirates. Such a gorgeous stadium. The Bridge is 2nd though, love the atmosphere in the Shed End; made my missus fall in love with football. If Chelsea could move to Battersea though i'd take that. Think that stadium would easily become the most iconic stadium in England, maybe even Europe. Best small ground i've been to is the Ricoh Arena. Lovely stadium for a shit club.

7) Juventus all day. They're my favourite team outside England because of the way they play and that god in human form: Andrea Pirlo. If I see that man play before I die then i'll die a happy man. Easily one of the greatest (and most under-rated) footballers of my lifetime. Watching him personally dismantle England at Euro 2012 was that impressive that it lessened the blow of England being shit once again. 2nd would be PSG, to see Zlatan. I quite like the rest of their team too tbh, one of the best in Europe.

8) This might seem like an arse-crawling answer but my favourite TC staff member is you. Close in front of Choulo. You were both very welcoming when I joined and made me want to stay on, now I can't imagine leaving!! Spike is alright too (although Australian...) and Special Juan is really becoming a good staff member quickly too.

Brilliant post. Great answers. And arse-crawling is welcome here - plus you know I'd at least suspend you if you said any of the others before me!

Yeah the Ricoh is great - been there for a football game (when we played Cov in the 08/09 FA Cup, I'll always remember Alex's goal on the breakaway!) and for two concerts - Oasis and Coldplay, with the latter being the best gig I've ever been to. So that place holds a very special place in my heart.

Gots any tattoos?

I have indeed. Just got one less than a week ago to bring my tally to 2. No Chelsea ones yet but that'll be my next one. My first one was the English rose when I was 18:

englishrose2.jpg

And my 2nd one was a sparrow a week ago:

jack-sparrow.jpg

(That isn't me, I don't know how to upload my own pictures...)

I have indeed. Just got one less than a week ago to bring my tally to 2. No Chelsea ones yet but that'll be my next one. My first one was the English rose when I was 18:

englishrose2.jpg

And my 2nd one was a sparrow a week ago:

jack-sparrow.jpg

(That isn't me, I don't know how to upload my own pictures...)

Awesome! I like the rose.

Awesome! I like the rose.

Me too! I still love it today and I always will. I'm so passionately English and it's a lovely emblem on top of that so I thought it was perfect. Got it on my right shoulder at the top.

I know this is my hot seat, but do you have any tattoos?