Fenerbahce 0-2 Chelsea/Chelsea 0-1 Besiktas

Jase

Man of the Match  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match against Fenerbahce?

• Cech
    • Ivanovic
    • Terry
    • Cahill
    • Azpilicueta
    • Matic
    • Fabregas
    • Schurrle
    • Oscar
    • Hazard
    • Costa
    • Ramires (sub)
    • Drogba (sub)
    • Salah (sub)
    • Mikel (sub)
  2. 2. Who is your Man of the Match against Besiktas?

• Cech
    • Ivanovic
    • Cahill
    • Terry
    • Luis
    • Fabregas
    • Matic
    • Ramires
    • Willian
    • Hazard
    • Costa
    • Oscar (sub)
    • Drogba (sub)
    • Luis (sub)
    • Salah (sub)
    • Mikel (sub)
    • Torres (sub)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

These kind of games are so annoying IMO... They are good for the fitness of the players but they offer absolutely nothing competitively wise. You can't really prepare yourself to face two completely different oppositions in one game, especially if the second one is fresh and you are not... The Besiktas game and the "loss" tell me nothing, glad we were good in the first 45 and delighted with Diego's goal. Next.

BTW - Bruno Alves is a disgraceful cunt. Always hated this player.

tumblr_na0a43RZbl1qdult5o2_250.gif

once a Blue always a Blue.

It's incredible how this club captivates the players and earn their love. Everyone just love being back here, being in touch with the staff.

If they could I feel like all players would want to work here after they retire.

And this man's beard continues to be one of the most epic things in football. #respect

Didn't really have the chance to watch all 45min of both games but from what I have seen so far from preseason the team is improving and the new players are settling well with the squad. We can take positives from each game but what really matters is the start of the new season in our first match in the league. Lets hope we can mange each game as it comes and focus on that match only. Also I hope we don't make the same mistakes like last season losing points to small teams and draw games at home. All the best to the blues!

Well, Mourinho decided to make two tests there and I'm sure he's already aiming the start of the league 10 days from now. He must have felt as happy as we did with the first half formation, but I don't think he liked the second half that much.

We played 4-3-3 before this pre-season (against Vitesse in the second half if I'm not wrong) and it worked really, really well, the thing is today we played with Ramires, Cesc and Matic (a suggestion many of you have made btw) and I think that's the root of our problems. Ramires (kill me) was the third midfield man and played continuously ahead of Cesc. Ramires worked well against the strongest sides last season as a wing, but please, Mourinho, take notes to NEVER EVER AGAIN deploy him in a 4-3-3 as the most advanced midfielder. It's painful. Yes, he was good at some stretches, but showed his always so impressive ability to miss a 2m pass.

Willian killed the rest of the system, and no, I'm not crucifying the guy - after all he's been training for less than a week, but he was the weak link in this match, sorry if some think that saying that is making him the next Mikel. We analyze matches - each of us has an opinion and imo he was our worst player in those 90 minutes (although Cahill wasn't that great either). He's just back in the team, he has a lot of time to pick up his best form and hopefully he will, but he and then Ramires ruining the 4-3-3 killed our attack in the second. We've created absolutely nothing except a corner Cesc took and that Iva anticipated Terry - who was in much better position to score.

Btw, Mourinho, while we're at the willian subject, for all that is sacred, do not allow him anywhere corners. Thanks in advance.

The hatred for Ramires is so comical right now... Like he is the root of the problem in 4-3-3 in his first game back in action. LOL. I think you guys need to take a few chill pills and realize this is PRE-season and Ramires, Cesc and Matic don't have any understanding of how they are to function as a mid 3 yet. let me preface this by saying I prefer us to play 4-2-3-1 because I think it best utilizes the strength of this team which is our attacking mids, however when we need to defend and counter attack 4-3-3 is a very good system to employ. First off Ramires was OFTEN used on the right flank yesterday so it wasn't exactly a 4-3-3, looked more like a system that would allow Hazard and Willian take turns coming inside with either Filipe or Ramires providing the support when they did.

I thought Ramires did a great job of recycling the possession and joining in on the few opportunities we had to get into space. I also thought he was useful in winning the ball back cleanly even though the ref blew foul a couple times. No matter what he does whether it be good or bad you guys are hell bent on casting him as a guy we don't need, I'm just thankful Jose Mourinho is the decision maker and not any of you guys, we'd look like Arsenal overnight if you guys had it your way; pretty passes, no tackling and absolutely no defensive shape whatsoever... Ramires had an awful 2nd half to last season, as did many Chelsea players yet none of you seem to recognize the good he brings to the team... Hilarity.

What's even funnier is when you're once again proven wrong none of you will have the balls to admit it.

Ramires is EXACTLY what I want in a squad player, a willing runner who can play multiple formations and positions who works hard whenever called upon. I'm still trying to figure out what most of you expect from him?

Anyway I may be the only one out there who absolutely loves our squad this year, with the exception of Torres I think the board and Jose have assembled a fantastic mix of players and styles which will allow us to play well in whatever situation the game calls for. Most of you just want tiki taka and pretend you want steel, I want balance and with Ramires you get that.