Fenerbahce 0-2 Chelsea/Chelsea 0-1 Besiktas

Jase

Man of the Match  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match against Fenerbahce?

• Cech
    • Ivanovic
    • Terry
    • Cahill
    • Azpilicueta
    • Matic
    • Fabregas
    • Schurrle
    • Oscar
    • Hazard
    • Costa
    • Ramires (sub)
    • Drogba (sub)
    • Salah (sub)
    • Mikel (sub)
  2. 2. Who is your Man of the Match against Besiktas?

• Cech
    • Ivanovic
    • Cahill
    • Terry
    • Luis
    • Fabregas
    • Matic
    • Ramires
    • Willian
    • Hazard
    • Costa
    • Oscar (sub)
    • Drogba (sub)
    • Luis (sub)
    • Salah (sub)
    • Mikel (sub)
    • Torres (sub)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It must be said that our players were playing against fresher players in the second half and against a different team, and our players were much fresher than Fenerbahce players in the first half. So considering this, it's not really fair to judge what formation works better based on these too games. Mostly everyone played well. Even in the second game we controlled the game and looked organized, good short passing between players, we controlled possession well and made few mistakes. As Dion said, it didn't look like we trained 4-3-3 much, so it's not surprising that we didn't look very dangerous in the attack. It will come. I think both options are viable, depending on the opposition.

costa,iva: Excellent in attack and defend

oscar: very good

hazard: very good

matic: very good

shurrle: very good

fabregas: good

rameries:good

salah: good (not much time played)

terry:good

azp:good

luis: poor

willian:pooor

drogba:pooor

torres:invisable

Seems like we still need to work a lot on our 4-3-3 formation (which a lot on here love). We were really good with our 4-2-3-1 in the first game, and we really dictated the pace of the game and looked very comfortable, creating at will with Cesc dictating from deep, Costa linking up excellently with Oscar, Schurrle and Hazard. Just add Filipe Luis' attacking intent to the first half performance and formations we set out and we'll do very well this year. Really excited, can't wait to attend SB a couple of times this season.

Ramires shouldn't be starting, but I did like what I saw from him. Legs and work rate which helped greatly in choking the life out of Besiktas.

Replace Willian with Schurrle and no doubt the formation would have looked more dangerous.

so you thought ramires was our best player in the second game ,,,, making a note NEVER to debate with you ..

I thought the interaction between fabregas, oscar, hazard, schurrle and costa was fantastic when they all played together. A lot of movement in different directions and quality passing from those on the ball. With matic breaking up opposition play and distributing the ball to these guys, I got to say that I am excited for the new season even though it was just a pre season game :D

Well, Mourinho decided to make two tests there and I'm sure he's already aiming the start of the league 10 days from now. He must have felt as happy as we did with the first half formation, but I don't think he liked the second half that much.

We played 4-3-3 before this pre-season (against Vitesse in the second half if I'm not wrong) and it worked really, really well, the thing is today we played with Ramires, Cesc and Matic (a suggestion many of you have made btw) and I think that's the root of our problems. Ramires (kill me) was the third midfield man and played continuously ahead of Cesc. Ramires worked well against the strongest sides last season as a wing, but please, Mourinho, take notes to NEVER EVER AGAIN deploy him in a 4-3-3 as the most advanced midfielder. It's painful. Yes, he was good at some stretches, but showed his always so impressive ability to miss a 2m pass.

Willian killed the rest of the system, and no, I'm not crucifying the guy - after all he's been training for less than a week, but he was the weak link in this match, sorry if some think that saying that is making him the next Mikel. We analyze matches - each of us has an opinion and imo he was our worst player in those 90 minutes (although Cahill wasn't that great either). He's just back in the team, he has a lot of time to pick up his best form and hopefully he will, but he and then Ramires ruining the 4-3-3 killed our attack in the second. We've created absolutely nothing except a corner Cesc took and that Iva anticipated Terry - who was in much better position to score.

Btw, Mourinho, while we're at the willian subject, for all that is sacred, do not allow him anywhere corners. Thanks in advance.

Well, Mourinho decided to make two tests there and I'm sure he's already aiming the start of the league 10 days from now. He must have felt as happy as we did with the first half formation, but I don't think he liked the second half that much.

We played 4-3-3 before this pre-season (against Vitesse in the second half if I'm not wrong) and it worked really, really well, the thing is today we played with Ramires, Cesc and Matic (a suggestion many of you have made btw) and I think that's the root of our problems. Ramires (kill me) was the third midfield man and played continuously ahead of Cesc. Ramires worked well against the strongest sides last season as a wing, but please, Mourinho, take notes to NEVER EVER AGAIN deploy him in a 4-3-3 as the most advanced midfielder. It's painful. Yes, he was good at some stretches, but showed his always so impressive ability to miss a 2m pass.

Willian killed the rest of the system, and no, I'm not crucifying the guy - after all he's been training for less than a week, but he was the weak link in this match, sorry if some think that saying that is making him the next Mikel. We analyze matches - each of us has an opinion and imo he was our worst player in those 90 minutes (although Cahill wasn't that great either). He's just back in the team, he has a lot of time to pick up his best form and hopefully he will, but he and then Ramires ruining the 4-3-3 killed our attack in the second. We've created absolutely nothing except a corner Cesc took and that Iva anticipated Terry - who was in much better position to score.

Btw, Mourinho, while we're at the willian subject, for all that is sacred, do not allow him anywhere corners. Thanks in advance.

PLEASE never start with Ramires if Schurrle can walk ...

Aww bit gutted about that. They had not had a shot, didn't see us not winning then out of nowhere they get that goal. I was like WTF they've won. Jose was raging and I don't blame him. What has happened to Cahill since he went to WC with England his performances have been very poor, particularly tonight. Shame those wee trophies were awesome.

Ah well let's look at few positives.p, I'm bit tired to give big list but Costa is looking sharp and got good goal and Didier being back is super positive. Andre looked very good despite just coming back

IMO:Mourinho wanted to see 2 things. If we can press and go all out for the goals and the win. (Fenerbahce) and if we can control and close a game if we have a shaky lead (Besiktas). And he nearly succeeded, if Cech didn't take a wrong decision, but nevermind. I think we have the class challenge seriously for the title, I can only hope.